BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I was driving along in the leisurely manner I'm sure we all do, but when I got home, this is what I see on the right front tire...

I'm assuming there was enough damage to the sidewall that I need a replacement tire, but I thought I'd check with yous guys before throwing $336 at TireRack.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Bro, get a new tire. Never repair tires on a super-high-performance vehicle.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So, I was driving along in the leisurely manner I'm sure we all do, and I must have run over a pothole, or a piece of lumber or something, because I hear (and feel) and almighty thud from the right front. Everything seemed fine, though, and I kept driving. When I got home, this is what I see on the right front tire...

I'm assuming there was enough damage to the sidewall that I need a replacement tire, but I thought I'd check with yous guys before throwing $336 at TireRack.

Thanks in advance.
I think it can't be fixed.
Time for the new tire bro.

·
Moderator Emeritus
915 Posts
I've had the side-wall bulge on a couple of occassions and as far as I know it's caused by damage to the side-wall thread/bead and is NOT repairable.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Agreed, peace of mind in this situation is well worth the $300.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Tires are getting more and more expensive. Rear size PS2 is over $400 now.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Replace the tire.

One of my M's front tires looked like that after rubbing against a traffic t*tty, the repair shop told me some of the underlying belts were broken and only a matter of time before the tire failed. I had to drive it, at low speeds, for a week before the replacement arrived. Get road hazzard replacement coverage, if available.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
never repair a tire.. especially on an M car. way too risky homie.

Reactions: scoopz
1 - 12 of 12 Posts