BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellas, its been a while. There was a get together in Oct. but wasnt necessarily what we are use to. We usually do a Malibu run in January, but the palomar/julian run hasnt been done in a while and seems fun.

Just wandering if anyone wanted to step up and get this organized, that knows the routes and so forth.

I could gather up a few M5's , an M3, a 996 TT, and maybe Ill bring out my AWD Turbo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
I was just talking with Wang about getting a run together in January. Next couple of weeks are going to be busy with the holidays and won't be able to
plan anything until after the first of the year.

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no for sure, but ya know how planning goes, it takes a good few weeks to plan, and get everyone to make arrangements. If we just set a date January, 15,16, 22,23. Preferably, 15,16. Then everyone can arrange plans around that!

But, im not planning it so its up to you fellas, I just want to have fun with you guys like we always do!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
400HP4DrSedan said:
no for sure, but ya know how planning goes, it takes a good few weeks to plan, and get everyone to make arrangements. If we just set a date January, 15,16, 22,23. Preferably, 15,16. Then everyone can arrange plans around that!

But, im not planning it so its up to you fellas, I just want to have fun with you guys like we always do!
Glad to be back,

I'm all for it, January sounds great...maybe 15ht or 16th...lets get together, folks....

Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Sounds fun. I will be free (unlike last time) after the first week in January . . . assuming my car has not been delivered to Bill yet . . . ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, Now all we need to do is have someone that has the routes and so forth organize the event and start a new thread. 15/16th is good for me! Cant wait!

Hopefully Discovery Automotive will come along! I want my dad to meet them and see there work, so he will get brakes and a header back w/tune! He is very careful who he lets work on his cars!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
I'll talk with Wang, Mark, and Hugo and see if we can get something together. I was thinking of getting a meeting point together to look at cars and then a run to a shop (similar to F-1 MS type of thing) along with some canyon driving, etc. We should start brainstorming a route, food break spot, etc and come to an agreement by the end of the first week of January. Maybe we should get an idea of how many people are interested in meeting to look at cars and talk, stop at a shop or BMW dealer or BMW delivery center, etc, and how many want to continue on with the drive before we determine the route.

John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
jeeperjohn said:
I'll talk with Wang, Mark, and Hugo and see if we can get something together. I was thinking of getting a meeting point together to look at cars and then a run to a shop (similar to F-1 MS type of thing) along with some canyon driving, etc. We should start brainstorming a route, food break spot, etc and come to an agreement by the end of the first week of January. Maybe we should get an idea of how many people are interested in meeting to look at cars and talk, stop at a shop or BMW dealer or BMW delivery center, etc, and how many want to continue on with the drive before we determine the route.

John
I'm out of here for 10 days. will check back with you on this around 12/30-CHeers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
Well??!! So what's the dilly??!!! :wroom:

When are we doing this??

My vote is for Malibu run and ending at the restaurant at Paradise Cove. Good Food pleanty of parkingand nice scenery.

cheers,

beewang :viking:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
It definately sounds like a great idea! Have you ever gone to LACR in Palmdale?

Just for fun and to check what the cars can do in the quarter mile. It is pretty nice. I still have to figure out how to start a thread. So forgive me for replying to your post with another comment. If anybody is interested in clocking some 1/4 mile times. Let me know so I can give you more information.
It's all about having fun with these machines right?
400HP4DrSedan said:
Hello fellas, its been a while. There was a get together in Oct. but wasnt necessarily what we are use to. We usually do a Malibu run in January, but the palomar/julian run hasnt been done in a while and seems fun.

Just wandering if anyone wanted to step up and get this organized, that knows the routes and so forth.

I could gather up a few M5's , an M3, a 996 TT, and maybe Ill bring out my AWD Turbo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
I'm up for it. A canyon/mountain run sounds good to me.

I'm currently in Germany and unable to check the board often, but I'll be back by January and hopefully something will be worked out.
The people I'm visiting tried to arrange a tour of the BWM factory in Munich for me but there weren't any openings left this year, so I'll have to try further in advance next time. Has anyone done it, and is it worthwhile?
I really wish I could have brought the beast along to have some fun on the autobahn. It's quite cold here though, so I'd have to watch out for black ice patches.
If I had thought ahead more maybe I could have tried to meet some M5 enthusiasts here. Maybe next time.

- Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
Can plan early jan. Happy Holidays! I personally like dealerships, lots of new stuff to look at. Seems that most like the driving part so we can steer the bulk of it that way. If nothing else, maybe stop at the stealership for a bathroom break and free coffee. Probably pretty cool weather in Jan so it may be good for that. But the bulk of the meet will be driving, eating and exchanging some stories. I will bring my sedan this time. Get your FRS radios ready, they really help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
amfung said:
Is it still 1/15 Saturday ?
Just my 2 cents but i don't think this date would be good since there is the Big Socal/Norcal meet going on on that specific date. I've heard any where from 300+ cars all sorts and makes are going to be there. Again this is what i heard so if you guys are planning maybe change it to 1/22?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone that knows the run itinerary want to get a new post going so we can sign up and get a list going of people going ???

Where's Hamann7, hes the kinggf of the Malibu canyons!
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top