BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have tested cd rws in my 2001 m5 and i tried to burn in different formats but the discs just arent recognized and the displays reads no disc. anyone else tested this?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
they work in mine just fine

·
Registered
162 Posts
i always just use cd-r discs they always work in any cd player.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
RW may not work unless you finalize it or whatever it's called. It's also brand dependent sometimes. CD-R is a better choice and works 99% of the time
I'm not 100% sure of this but i think that if you "finalize" a cd-rw, then you won't be able to write to it anymore.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i burned it in itunes. i had cdrs but i want to rewrite every now and then. azaytsev what do you use to burn them and what brand? i use fiju cd rw. hook it up since youre kind of an eastern european brother....i kid i kid

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will it play in mp3 format or will i have to burn in audio cd format. it tried both with itunes neither is working. and the cd player just show that there are no discs.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
will it play in mp3 format or will i have to burn in audio cd format. it tried both with itunes neither is working. and the cd player just show that there are no discs.
You gotta get the upgraded changer to read MP3 CDs. I dont even think the newest M5s (e39) came with this.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think that the problem is the disc. I burn many discs using I Tunes and they play in any car I have used them in. It should convert the files into a WAV file from and MP3 automatically. The only difference is all the discs I use are CD R. I also believe I have seen certain audio companies (Alpine etc..) who market their players as CD R compatible.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i rather just get the intravee instead of upgrading the changer. i just wanted to use cd rw for the time being. maybe azaytsev can chime in and let me know how hes doin it

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
CD-R works, CD -RW don't work. You will have to upgrade you changer to a new one. Most new cd players today accept CD-RW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts