BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am 95% sure my SMG pump motor is bad, but wanted to see if it could be something else. Since the covid situation, I haven't driven the car and it had been sitting for about 6 weeks, so I decided to take it for a drive. The battery was flat, so I charged it and it started up, and had no issues. The car drove fine. The next day I tried to start the car, and it was stuck in first gear. I scanned codes with Carly, and the only code was an error for terminal 30 being disabled or low voltage. I assumed my battery was shot, so I went and bought a new battery and registered it with Carly. The car still would not start and was stuck in first gear, and could not hear the SMG pump running when I opened the door.

At this point I assumed the SMG pump motor or relay was bad. I checked the black SMG relay and verified that its solenoid making contact when the car is unlocked. I also checked the 15 amp fuse for the pump and it is fine. It seems like a simple case of a bad pump motor, but are their any other likely possibilities to look for or should I just get the motor ordered and plan to replace it?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts