BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is faster......D mode or the steering wheel paddles? I only have used it in D mode once or twice so I really haven't pushed it.

·
1,764 Posts
Paddles don't seem right, so I use the stick. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Paddling Along

D-logic almost never, certainly not for spirited driving. [plus I installed the Dinan final drive and it wont D-logic shift at full throttle anyway] I use the paddles and 400hp to row along in LA traffic (ain't it grand?), then switch to M and EDC3, etc for my last 15 miles getting home (mountain routes deliberately for the fun of it). When really scooting along on twisties, I am not comfortable with the paddles: they rotate with the wheel so the location changes constantly. I guess I could learn over time, but the lever is right there and after 40+ years of performance cars, I just reflexively reach for the shifter and slap it up or down. Pretty useful old habit. For what it's worth.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which do you think is faster, though? I know you guys prefer the paddles....but if you were using paddles to get to 120 and I was using the D-logic, who would get there faster?

·
Registered
132 Posts
To Paddle

In my beast, the paddles rule, at least for your scenario. Academic though because my car won't shift at full throttle/max RPM in Drive Logic since I swapped the diff for a Dinan 3.91. But if the road is twisty (as in fun) I go for the lever every time.

BTW --- recent posts elsewhere discuss resetting the shift protocol after new tires and etc. Good news for those irritated by the iffy shifting of the D-logic mode. Sage advice by one of our own: "Actually helps to read the manual."

·
Registered
526 Posts
Paddles. Always :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts