BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
BTW, a shout out for MLR. I don't know how they get stuff out so fast. Been happy with what I have received as well, both pump motor and seal kit.

·
Registered
317 Posts
BTW, a shout out for MLR. I don't know how they get stuff out so fast. Been happy with what I have received as well, both pump motor and seal kit.
I have the same MLR kit on my SMG...very happy with it and it’s been a year of happy spirited shifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a new set left over from my SMG reseal a couple months back. Not sure how i ended up with an extra set but in measuring the 4, each looks exactly 1 millimetre difference in diameter. ID of the smallest is 11mm, then 12mm, then 13mm and the last is 14mm. I believe you are correct on the thickness at 1.5/1.6. If you would like to measure for yourself i can send you this set as long as you return them.
all good :) i’ll just buy all o-rings from 11 to 20mm in size since they seem really cheap on oringsandmore.com

·
2,064 Posts
I'm 99% sure the 4 orings you'll need are 1.6mm diameter and 11.1, 12.1, 13.1 and 14.1mm ID. Measuring orings isn't exactly accurate but as you pointed out their sizes jump in 1mm so I'm pretty sure I got them right. Let us know if this works!

·
2,064 Posts
A tip from Jim is to make sure they're warm/hot. It prevents damaging them while installing. Do not use the screws to drive the solenoid back in, push with your hand ONLY. Lots of oil and a circular motion should 'plop' it into place.

I learned my lesson when I did mine. It was winter and no way it went in by hand. So got an oring damaged. Second set I baked the solenoid with new orings at 250F for 10 minutes and worked just fine.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts