BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only 500 miles on my M6.Can not go over 6000 RPM yet. Gear changes feel a lot slower and softer than in M3. Is trans. protected during brake in?

·
Registered
124 Posts
you are in the break in phase my friend.

In short you are stuck in P400 and the car is limited to 6k rpm's so you don't do any damage before the break in is complete. You should be able to make the shifts quicker via idrive or just push the shift button next to the gear shift.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
you are in the break in phase my friend.

In short you are stuck in P400 and the car is limited to 6k rpm's so you don't do any damage before the break in is complete. You should be able to make the shifts quicker via idrive or just push the shift button next to the gear shift.
No reason not to use P500S, as long as throttle and rpm restrictions are met, during the break in period.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have only 500 miles on my M6.Can not go over 6000 RPM yet. Gear changes feel a lot slower and softer than in M3. Is trans. protected during brake in?
I felt the exact same thing when switching from my M3 to my M6...even after the break-in....these cars just drive totally different...

With the M3 at lower RPM there is much more kick, whereas with the M6 the thrust is felt more at higher RPM (>5000). It took me quite a while to get used to this, and even now, I love throwing around the M3 as it is more nimble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts