BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my car would not downshift into second gear or first with plenty of RPMs left to go before red line. This happens when I am in power mode with traction control on and the SMG setting is in S5. For an example, I will be cruising at about 60ish and then I drop it to second with my foot floored on the gas, and it wont go into second when the RPMs in third is sitting at about 4.5K . If I let off the gas and then try to downshift again the car will go into gear. I am not sure if this happens with traction control off. I have not tried yet. Is this common? I take it this is just the traction control kicking in although I don't see the flashing DSC unless I punch it from a stop in first gear.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
If you're in the S mode, it won't downshift for you in the situation you describe... needs to be in D mode for that. As for decelerating to a near or complete stop, there will be downshifts when it gets to the 20 mph level, more or less, even in S mode.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
pvr
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing