BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just replaced my electric SMG pump motor and everything was running great for the first 2 days (ran the DIS slave cylinder bleed, and all adaptations perfect). Today it suddenly started having extremely delayed shifts, and it feels like its just dumping it into gear (jerking the car when shifting). When i stop the car it will not get it into gear, feels like it isnt pushing the clutch in to disengage the gearbox so it can get into 1st gear. If the car rolls and it will slip into 1st and run fine without the clutch slipping, the shifting is the only problem. I ran DIS, went through the bleed slave cylinder, teach valve characteristics, adaptation of gearbox (goes through R, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) no problem, and then when i get to teach slip point it immediately terminates the test program without doing anything. I get error 160 test conditions not met. I'm stuck and dont know what to do at this point.
INPA for the SMG reads:
4F67
4F66
520A

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Found this from Jim:
When you "reset adaptations", you erased the calibrations. All 4F67 means is that the "adaptation" process has not been performed for the transmission. Did the "clutch position out of tolerance" error come up when trying to adapt it? If so, the only problem is likely your slave cylinder, this has been known to prevent adaptation from completing properly giving that out of tolerance error.

Then 4F66
SMG: Learning not run(gearbox, longitudinal acceleration sensor)
which supports the above.

Sounds like your clutch or slave has some issue which will need trans to come out.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I should add that since you just replaced the motor it is possible that the level is low and/or more bleeding is required. If this doesn't help tho prepare to pull the trans.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found this from Jim:
When you "reset adaptations", you erased the calibrations. All 4F67 means is that the "adaptation" process has not been performed for the transmission. Did the "clutch position out of tolerance" error come up when trying to adapt it? If so, the only problem is likely your slave cylinder, this has been known to prevent adaptation from completing properly giving that out of tolerance error.

Then 4F66
SMG: Learning not run(gearbox, longitudinal acceleration sensor)
which supports the above.

Sounds like your clutch or slave has some issue which will need trans to come out.
I dont get "Clutch position out of tolerance" I just get "Test conditions not met". When i ran the clutch slip point adaptation 2 days ago i could hear/feel the clutch getting engaged. Now it immediately terminates the test less then a second after I hit the next arrow on DIS.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill check it again. I did refill it when i bleed/ran it the first time. Fingers crossed its just low...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checked the fill level, bleed it like 6 times. Nothing. Any other ideas before I pull the gearbox off?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
This is my list, I'd avoid fcp as the price difference is not worth it imo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep jack stands. Im hoping it dont turn into as much of an expert on removing the gearbox on this as I am with my E46 race car...
No clutch sensor on that list?
This is a 2006, not sure if that matters.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Don't forget to tie down the plcd harness. The reservoir has a couple tabs for this. See your pic above it shows how it was secured before slave replacement. Also BMW calls for high-temp zip ties, your pic seems to have regular black ones that weren't even cut. Perhaps your plcd was replaced by previous owner?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That pic was literally 2 seconds after I put in the new slave. Don't worry she's all buttoned up just like from the factory. The black zip ties came from the MLR SMG motor kit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts