BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m just happy to hear that people drive the car as intended.. I also am happy to hear that the violent shifts are suppose to be like that. I just hate having to tell my passengers “it’s suppose to be like that” lmao. And I agree with Alan, driving this car at the speed limit is cringgggge.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Flame war? I'm just telling you, that what I mean is that most of his post in multiple threads reiterate the same thing about him tracking and not babying his car. I'm not calling him out, never was. I don't understand why you felt the need to jump in when it doesn't involve you.

If you don't believe me check his posts. I bet more than 50% is about him mentioning his time tracking the car and pushing it. I just think it's funny.
I'm just trying to understand why you think he said he babies his car. Where did he say that? He takes his car to the track probably the most on here, as you seem to already know. He said "if you want to baby your car that's fine, I don't. Here's how I drive..." Right?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Are post-stalking Alan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know it!

But, no, I just happen to read most threads that interest me, and it's not like we have a large community that posts here in the E60 community. It's easy to remember people.

Just to reassure the community while there are people itching for a forum fight.

I'm not flaming him, I just think it's funny.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm just trying to understand why you think he said he babies his car. Where did he say that? He takes his car to the track probably the most on here, as you seem to already know. He said "if you want to baby your car that's fine, I don't. Here's how I drive..." Right?
I didn't say he babies his car. I said "not babying his car" in other words negative of babying his car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I didn't say he babies his car. I said "not babying his car" in other words negative of babying his car.
Alright well I must’ve misunderstood the point of your first post. Back on topic: OP, just let the oil get up to temp and then P500, S5/S6, and enjoy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well...you were asking if using the SMG on S6 might cause damage to the tranny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly...I asked if anyone heard that, not that it was a fact. These cars get quirks and issues that arise over years, it was a legit question to ask as I'm new to the car and have been reading alot about it and related components. Seems the couple I saw that mentioned it clearly were mistaken in their assumptions.

Thanks for participating ✌

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just to chime in even though I don't want too. Not sure about all the lingo, flame war, post stalking? The reason I mention that I track my car in my comments is to make it clear to anyone reading how I drive. Like my E38 740il tracking one of these cars is rare and I make sure the reader knows.

In the future in case anyone wonders when the thread goes off topic like that I move on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just to chime in even though I don't want too. Not sure about all the lingo, flame war, post stalking? The reason I mention that I track my car in my comments is to make it clear to anyone reading how I drive. Like my E38 740il tracking one of these cars is rare and I make sure the reader knows.

In the future in case anyone wonders when the thread goes off topic like that I move on.
Hey Alan sorry to go off topic again but I saw in another post of yours you live in WA. I’m in Tacoma let me know if you ever go to any BMW meets or cruises.. I have 0 BMW friends. I’m not from here.

but I’ll chime in again for OP.. over the past couple days I have stoped slightly lifting in lower gears and have found its very smooth if I shift from 4.5k to 6k rpms.. I think the smoothness in relation to the lift all depends on which gear and what rpm your shifting at. Just my opinion.
Thanks guys

41 - 48 of 48 Posts