BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get my 65s refinished. Would rather just send all 4 at once down to get redone instead of sending them 2 at a time and being out a car twice as long.

My plan was to just venture to one of the local junkyards and pick up some wheels from another e39 and put them on temporarily, but most are 16" wheels. I'm not sure they'll clear the calipers.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Rent a cheap car for a week. Similar cost, less hastle, unless you want an extra set of wheels around for other reasons. Prince(if that’s where you’re sending them) is close to you. Turn around should be pretty quick. Also, you must get all 4 done at once. No way you get the exact same finish doing 2 at a time. If you google search this forum, you will find many threads about which other BMW wheels will fit.

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
Same for front and rear? Or can I get away with any 17s on the back?
Given your location, you might consider some winter wheels so your "good wheels" don't get beat up in bad weather.

If it was me, I would get 4 fronts (8x18) which are cheap and set it up that way. They will fit. You can probably score wheels in the $100 each range if you are not too picky about cosmetics.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had 17" Style 42's on the rear of my M5 while I was refinishing the wheels after the previous owner had them coated purple. I did two at a time so I could stick the 18" M5 rears on the front while I redid those. 17's won't fit the front, atleast the Style 42's won't.

·
Registered
12,866 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m not sure about offset. This was long time ago but I’m sure it was 16” and only at rear, front has to big brakes for M5 e39. I don’t think all 16” rims will work either, so maybe better try before you buy rims.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts