BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deleting my SLS shocks and wondered is there any reason to keep these reservoirs and associated lines going to them and the sensors/brackets/lines on the rear subframe as it is out currently anyway?
I have the union that is from the delete kits that are available to allow the return fluid to flow but just curious what others have done with there deletes.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
It really depends how you went about deleting the SLS, if you modified the power steering pump you need to source some 535i lines. If not simply loop the rear SLS lines.

But no reason to leave the actuator, accumulators, etc. on the car. But you may want to hold on to the components so you or a new owner can put them back on at some point. If not I'd take the actuator off your hands...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after a bit of evaluation, I am going to remove all the components from the rear subframe and make a loop connector at the bracket where the two hard lines come up from the drivers side. I do not believe I have the pump that is easily modifiable that you can remove the plunger and spring. Although that option would allow removal of all the lines it would require more plugs and I would like to leave the ability down the road for someone to return it to stock condition if they wanted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts