BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my first tank of gas in the M at lunch. I turned the engine off and checked the milage with the dash button to record it in my log book. (Checked the oil level too!;) )

However, after filling up and driving 14 miles (and making 2 stops), the guage still doesn't show that it is full! ouich

I set the fuel handle latch at the fastest rate and when it shut off, I hand held a bit more until it shut off again - so I HOPE that I did fill the tank.

Is this normal? (I've seen cars, that don't pop right up to full, but usually do so within 5 minutes of driving.)

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Doesnt happen all the time but has happened to me before, sometimes its fast and once in a while it has been slow?? Josh

·
Banned
136 Posts
Take it to the dealership and have them replace the in-tank sensor. It's covered under warranty. Mine had the same problem.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Mine just did it the other day for the first time. I had run the tank very close to empty (lower than I ever had before). When I finished filling, it only showed 3/4. I went back to the station to make sure I had gotten what I paid for, which I had. Mine actually took a couple of days to come up to full again. I have a little CPO left - better get it in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts