BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Company Representative for Euro Parts Direct
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now remember just this is a test what i have done is remake cover so sits in flush with all bumper line i thought of removing foglamp and in the center of the cover make a hole that you can run ducting from airbox to foglight cover i need feedback

thanks

slimm

Attachments

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
let me see if i have enuff room to make larger cost will be around $150.00 shipped for the pair, they will made of the same color and fiberglass that is current on black rear diffuser i might be able to do carbon fiber

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
$150? Holy cow.....

·
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
$150 to much shipped i want to be fair to everyone i still need to test fit also i will have the hamann foglight cover for those who want to keep the foglights

I NEED FEEDBACK ON A FAIR PRICE POINT SHIPPED

slimm

·
Registered
962 Posts
As a reference point, the Exotics Tuning fog light/air intake covers are $119
BMW

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Looks great!. As suggested, I would try to make it 3.5 vs. 3 if you can.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Slim,

Just finished the foglight delete yesterday and was going to utilize a similiar grill like Dinan's. I am interested in your setup since it is a flushmount setup.

How will it be secured? Also interested in the 3.5" hole.

Does anyone know how to disable the fog light inop light from the dash? No fuse...

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Slim,

Just finished the foglight delete yesterday and was going to utilize a similiar grill like Dinan's. I am interested in your setup since it is a flushmount setup.

How will it be secured? Also interested in the 3.5" hole.

Does anyone know how to disable the fog light inop light from the dash? No fuse...
Wish you were closer, Chris could take care of it with his Navcoder program.....

Reactions: havasusteve03Beast

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Moi aussi.

Would be interesting to know whether the Venturi effect causes greater airflow with foglight delete than the Dinan grill setup.

--Peter
I think the more important thing would be to let the air exit through the lower wheel arch cover again...
Do not think there is significant differences between the grill and cover with hole setup..

The cover with the hole is intersting to connect a hose to the stock air filter boxes or a hose for brake cooling...

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
I think the more important thing would be to let the air exit through the lower wheel arch cover again...
Do not think there is significant differences between the grill and cover with hole setup..

The cover with the hole is intersting to connect a hose to the stock air filter boxes or a hose for brake cooling...
Agree that venting the front of the wheel well is more important. No doubt.

I was thinking about using with an inline airfilter to the SCer on the right side and to an shroud for my PS cooler on the left side. Hmmm.

Could also make use of vents in hood I suppose!

--Peter

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
I will use the driver side fog light opening for the p/s oil cooler and the right side for the engine oil cooler...

The drain sink ducts in the main opening for brake cooling...

Air intake through the kidneys:D

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Nice setup Raikku.

It looks like I will be using kidneys for P/S and oil cooling. OEM brake ducting with open lower grill. Then ram some air from the fog light delete for air to the Dinan intakes.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts