BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow members,

I received Slimms first Carbon Fiber Diffuser today.
Overall the craftsmanship and quality of this diffuser are great. I won't have a chance to mount it on my car until friday but I will update this post immediately once it's installed.

I took some pictures of it tonight right away when I got home but it was already dark out so I have no daylight shots yet. I'll try and take some tomorrow morning before I leave home.
In person the diffuser is way darker than in the pictures below as I had to use the flash and the carbon reflects it quite strongly.
Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
That's going to contrast very well with your silver. Looking forward to installed pics!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!
I'm looking forward to installing it! :D

The fins are actually matte black. When looking at the diffuser in normal lighting conditions the transition between the matte black and carbon fiber are almost non visible. I was actually surprised by how well they blend in.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Thank you!
I'm looking forward to installing it! :D

The fins are actually matte black. When looking at the diffuser in normal lighting conditions the transition between the matte black and carbon fiber are almost non visible. I was actually surprised by how well they blend in.
In that 2nd picture you posted, that is very apparent! :)

How much are these diffusors?
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/parts-sale-wanted-bmw-m3-m5-m6-x5m-x6m-1-m-coupe-alpina-models/169699-slimms-carbon-fiber-rear-diffuser.html

·
Registered
719 Posts
Can't wait to see some photos of it on your light colored beast...all the other photos posted have been on the darker color M5's. Please provide several different angles to include a direct shot from behind at about 3 to 4 car lengths distance.

Cheers.

///M

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Can't wait to see some photos of it on your light colored beast...all the other photos posted have been on the darker color M5's. Please provide several different angles to include a direct shot from behind at about 3 to 4 car lengths distance.

Cheers.

///M
You should check out the diffuser on Alpine White and Titanium Silver that's been posted :)

Reactions: CMBeamerM5

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I like where you're headed with this.

Do we really have to wait till Friday to see it mounted?

;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Edit..

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Wow that look beautiful I like, I love, I am definitely getting one!!!

·
Registered
719 Posts
You should check out the diffuser on Alpine White and Titanium Silver that's been posted :)

Thanks for the heads up, I've seen so many threads about slimms diffuser...I must have miss one.

///M

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I like where you're headed with this.

Do we really have to wait till Friday to see it mounted?

;)
It's at the paint shop right now and will be ready for pick up Friday morning.

It was supposed to be done Monday which would have been perfect as I could have mounted it last night but something in their booth broke last week. :Thumbdown:

Friday isn't that far away :thumbsup:

·
Registered
719 Posts
It's at the paint shop right now and will be ready for pick up Friday morning.

It was supposed to be done Monday which would have been perfect as I could have mounted it last night but something in their booth broke last week. :Thumbdown:

Friday isn't that far away :thumbsup:

pdudek, I take it you are going to paint the CF diffuser to match the color of your car....is that correct?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts