BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big thanks to Slimmbones for hooking it up with his alcantara shift and e-brake boots. The quality is outstanding. He provides everything needed to install minus the adhesive of your choice. Included in his kit are both alcantara boots, 2 black zip ties, and instruction sheet. The quality is identical to my headliner and rear deck.

Total R&R took about 20 minutes, including time few moments to prep the trim and allow the glue to dry. Slimm recommends contact-cement. I used 3M Super 77 spray adhesive because I still had some left from when I wrapped my trim in CF fabric. YMMV. Use what you feel comfortable using.

Before:

After:

I'm very pleased with the results. And also, as always, don't forget to:

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Reactions: Torquey5

·
Registered
832 Posts
niiiiiice. I'll keep slimm in mind when I need something done.

·
Registered
253 Posts
slimmbones,pm me please for details on the kit!

Thanks,

Raikku
me too please slimmbones inc postage to the UK.

I have heritage black leather with wood.

I'm after these boots with carbon vinyl wrap with zhp illuminated knob, just need to figure out what shades of wrap an alcantara....

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Looks great :)

Big thanks to Slimmbones for hooking it up with his alcantara shift and e-brake boots. The quality is outstanding. He provides everything needed to install minus the adhesive of your choice. Included in his kit are both alcantara boots, 2 black zip ties, and instruction sheet. The quality is identical to my headliner and rear deck.

Total R&R took about 20 minutes, including time few moments to prep the trim and allow the glue to dry. Slimm recommends contact-cement. I used 3M Super 77 spray adhesive because I still had some left from when I wrapped my trim in CF fabric. YMMV. Use what you feel comfortable using.

Before:

After:

I'm very pleased with the results. And also, as always, don't forget to:

Enjoy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
171 Posts
i just receive mine and ready to install it . but it will be better if someone post the video how to do it on youtube. LOL

·
Registered
524 Posts
best rear screen sticker ever, top class...........

Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
494 Posts
Quick question re shifter boot - how did you tuck in the top of the boot under the bottom silver "ring" of the ZHP shift knob? I have the E60 SS rod and ZHP knob in my hand and there is no clearence after it snaps in. Did you just zip-tie it immediately below the knob? And if so it does not slide down at all? Thanks..

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Slim : Please PM re this stuff !

I fancy some further Alcantara interior action, please !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts