BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has a slight wobble at low speed not all the time just now and then i checked brake discs with dile gage and they are fine wheels and tires and fine too not really sure wot to do next,anybody ever had same prob or anybody any ideas ya can feel it on floor pan too nearly sure it pass front it coming from ?????????????????????????????????????/???:confused::1zhelp:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Does this wobble happen when you brake?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah seems once car driven a while not as bad and really bad at times when ya brake its weird times car fine times it shakes your hands tires pressures seem fine tried diff rims and the same but was same tires

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Okay, try this:

Does it also happen when you engine brake (meaning you dont even touch the brake pedal)?

If it only happens with your brakes, sounds like rotors. If it happens all the time, then you may have a thrust arm bushing going out.

I've had wobbling but it went away once i got new rotors. Car would wobble only when I used the brakes, though.

·
Registered
377 Posts
How many miles on your car? I had a wobble like that and I had to change the thrust bushings and that took care of it.

When I first bought the car I had a shake that happened at all speeds... ended up all 4 of the rims were bent (not by me and a fairly long story...).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya could be free wheeling and it would happen and wot is rotors car has 97k but not long through cat2 inspection which cost £2500 pound

·
Registered
638 Posts
my car has a slight wobble at low speed not all the time just now and then i checked brake discs with dile gage and they are fine wheels and tires and fine too not really sure wot to do next,anybody ever had same prob or anybody any ideas ya can feel it on floor pan too nearly sure it pass front it coming from ?????????????????????????????????????/???:confused::1zhelp:
need more details mate.... is it a wobble through the steering, and only on braking gently, or though the pedal, or the whole car.....

if under gentle braking, and discs are not warped, could be residue on the discs...

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=94011

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Had a similar problem when I got my car. Turned out to be the front tyres. They looked fine to the naked eye, but they were out of round. New tyres solved the problem.

If you tracked the car, you may have some brake pad residue on the rotors?

·
Registered
74 Posts
did you solve this issue..

seems to be a brake disc deposit issue..

I have the same and so do may others..

Anj

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
+1 to IRISH M5 RE: Tires

1 - 16 of 16 Posts