BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than those 2 things what else would make your clutch pedal stick to the floor and offer no resistance?

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Air in the clutch line, or a broken spring on the pedal. Ironically, this happened to me yesterday driving back from SoCal. I haven't had time to investigate it yet.

If you pull the pedal off the floor, does it re-engage properly?

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Check the brake fluid res under the driver side air filter, make sure it isn't low, too. There's a divider between the brake and clutch parts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fluid is low and if I pull it back up it doesn't engage normally. Can those cylinders fail even if they aren't leaking?

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
If the fluid is low, you most likely have air in the line. The cylinder seals can leak slowly though, too.

Did you bleed the brakes lately? Clutch line is another failure point...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is something leaking from around there and it seeps a little when depressing the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The master can leak internally so no fluid loss.

The rubber line wears at the crimp at each end and all it takes is a tiny pinhole to lose pressure. Lots of little pita "work by feel" steps to replacement that will take hours the first time and mere seconds once you know the twist/pull/slide/unclip of things. (A dime can completely lock the gas pedal down. :grrrrr:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I found the problem. Neither the slave or master was leaking but the rubber line between the two sprung a leak. I guess its #10 on this diagram. Is this a BMW part or can I just buy the line at a local parts store.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts