BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the part number for the sirius unit for a car build date of 2006-06-13.

Realoem, mileoneparts and Circle BMW all show different part numbers :dunno:
Some just show one number for all years.

Just went to get my build sheet from the dealer and they had no clue...(we dont have the retrofit here yet) BUT my car has option SA693!!!

That was a feel good moment!! :applause:

any help would be great, thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
When I was ordering the Sirius module for my 2008 M5, I found, on REALOEM, that there were 2 part numbers, as follows.
Part number 65 12 6 987 545 is only valid from 03/2006 until 09/2006. After that Part #65129119346 takes over (09/2006 to 03/2007).

The second part number worked on my 2008 M5, manufactured the first week of March 2007.
The first number should be what you need, but you MUST have had the SDARS retrofit done to your car's computer. That can be an overnight update at the dealer.

Also, since you are in Canada and I assume you want to save some $$, order the module, bracket and screws from Tischer BMW in Silver Springs, Maryland, and you'll pay 1/3 what a Canadian dealer charges. BUT, you need the dealer to do some programming (15 minutes). Some dealers may get p***sed that you didn't buy from them. The physical install takes less than 30 minutes. The entire install and programming is NO MORE THAN1 HOUR OF LABOUR, assuming the SDARS retrofit was done previously. If not, expect labour charges of 5-6 hours.
If you order from Tischer, speak to Evan Winstead. He knows all about shipping items to Canada (Gift under $50!!) :)
You can check their website (www.mileoneparts.com) for contact info.

Also, you need the following part numbers ordered as well:
Mounting Bracket - 65 10 6 925 468
Bolt M5x13mm (qty 7) - 07 11 9 902 932
Clip Nut M5 (qty3) - 61 13 1 372 033

The cost of everything shipped to my door in Ottawa was about $550CDN (incl. shipping, duty tax). I believe the dealer wants $1500CDN (if they have the parts yet..they did not last fall).

Hope this helps.
Rick

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya the Canadian dealers get the retrofit kit in March. My local dealer will not do the flash till then. But some in my area will. My dealer is wimpy :haha2:
When i put led tails on my m3 before i had to bring them the service white papers on how to do the flash for them.

I will do the intstall myself its a 2 minute job, just want to get the right part number :) Thanks for the numbers...and probably will get it from mileone i got the one for the m3 from there before.

thanks again

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hey Zigfread,
What is the deal with the March retrofit? Would love to get mine up and running this spring!
I bought my complete kit (with Ricks help :cheers:) and it is sitting in my garage. Dealer wouldn't install as they were worried they would have to reprogram my entire ECU at about 10 hours labor! Let me know if you are interested in mine, it is brand new in the box - never installed - I am in calgary and can ship quick. They wouldn't declare "gift" on my order and got stuck with a UPS bill for $85 as well!

Thanks
Omar.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Omes:
He can't use your kit. He has a MY2006. It's a different part number for the older years vs. your MY2008.

By the way, I may be in Calgary from March 11-15 with my wife while she does some training. We'll probably stay downtown near 2nd SW. I'll keep an eye out for your beast, as I'll be walking around the area a lot.

Rick

·
Registered
173 Posts
ya the Canadian dealers get the retrofit kit in March. My local dealer will not do the flash till then. But some in my area will. My dealer is wimpy :haha2:
When i put led tails on my m3 before i had to bring them the service white papers on how to do the flash for them.

I will do the intstall myself its a 2 minute job, just want to get the right part number :) Thanks for the numbers...and probably will get it from mileone i got the one for the m3 from there before.

thanks again
Zigfread:
Why not go to Buffalo to get the programming done? I think Bonehead did that with no problems.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called around, BMW Toronto will do it. They have no issues doing the flash.
So i will just grab the radio from the US.

What is the part number on the radio you are selling?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Zigfread:
See my original note above. The part that Omes is selling is for a 2008 M5. You need the old part number, as per my original note. Since you say your M5 was manufactured June 13, 2006, you need part number 65126987545, which is only valid from 03/2006 until 09/2006.
And don't forget the bracket, bolts and clips (see my original note also for those part numbers).

To verify, go to Realoem.com, and check the part numbers there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts