BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 M5 with a build date of 2003/04. I'm interested in doing the Sirius install but I don't know how to identify if the BMW radio and nav system that came from the factory are the "Sirius Ready" units.

Do I need to start pulling the units out to find the part number or is there an easier way to obtain this information?

Additionally, what part numbers are required for these units to be Sirius compatible?

TIA.

Greg

·
Registered
235 Posts
I assure you that you do NOT have the correct radio. Take it in to the dealership and complain of "stereo to mono" shift on the radio. They will replace it with the correct one. Update your nav software to the latest available (I think 25.1 was just released). Then buy the sirius kit ..

Pretty easy and straight forward.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Search for the nearly innumerable threads on this subject. About three weeks ago, I was part of, probably, a 25 em exchange here on the entire subject of converting to Sirius. Ard/Gustab have a compelte "how to" posted here.

I got a new radio per the other reply here but did nothing to the Nav system. I have an '03 with a 2/03 build date and my Sirius works flawlessly. Good luck. 5Driver :byebye:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts