BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently had my radio replaced for the now-infamous "stereo to mono" problem. My work order shows this:

"Installed 65 12 6 972 665 :RMFD RADIO
REPLACED THE RADIO RECIEVER[Sic] AS PER SERVICE MEASURE B65 209 04 TO REPAIR"

I installed my Sirius satellite receiver and antenna briefly just to see if it was compatible. It worked fine.

A couple of notes:

--Although it says they used TSB B65 209 04, this is not the lates service bulletin. I believe the most current is B65 209 05. They did, in fact, run a test to verify the radio switched from stereo to mono. TSB -04 says replace if there's just a complaint, TSB -05 says to verify.

--I don't know if the radio is the latest radio available, or, as the work order says, just a old remanufactured radio. All of my research show radio part numbers ending in -910, -911, or -562. But -665 will work with Sirius.

For the Sirius satellite radio newbies, there are other factors involved in installiing Sirius into your M5, including your navigation software. Use this site's search function. It's great.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What is the part number for the Sirius receiver you installed? I just had my radio replaced with a "-665" today and want to add sirius as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts