BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals , I am looking for a single Right Hand Side / Offside Throwing Star cover for my M5 Touring .

Can anyone help ?

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do I see the holy grail of smooth roof there? No emergency-elephant-exit, no antenna?

lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelove
You do indeed Stevie dear boy ........... This Touring has been specced for speed : No sunroof , manual seats yet heated and 6 speed floating front 345mm discs with 4 pot ATE calipers ........

It's a lovely thing !

D

·
Registered
584 Posts
This Touring has been specced for speed : No sunroof , manual seats yet heated and 6 speed floating front 345mm discs with 4 pot ATE calipers ........

It's a lovely thing !

D
So the T-Stars fit just fine over the 345mm floaters? How much clearance is there? Am contemplating getting some adapters made to run Wilwood 4 pot calipers with either the 345mm floaters or 348mm E60 discs. But don't know about the clearance and don't want to spend the $ w/out knowing & possibly end up with a lot of spendy parts I can't use.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes , the 17" TS Fronts fit over the 345mm floating front discs and 4 pot ATE calipers , although there is relatively little clearance .

D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wouldn't bother. Nice in the day but those cast iron calipers are a bit overrated imho. Other solutions fit, just measure well.
Am well aware of most all of the other options. But as my car is very rare I'm trying to keep it OE as much as possible. Could have other options that fit, are probably lighter, easier to source, and probably cheaper. But BMW didn't make 'em. Would rather spend the $ and take the time to find a period correct factory option.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cover received and much appreciated , Cees !

Thanks ......... What a great forum !

D

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Drove D's touring yesterday.

Its a lovely thing.

Not many cars make me wish I had them instead of L77......

Me Likey.

:thumbsup:

Steve

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Stevo ..... and thanks for your help switching those TS covers around ....... Dirty work !

D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts