BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks, Guys!

I've enjoyed a full year of vicarious participation in the thrill of M5 ownership from this web site, but I'm now officially on the path to carnal knowledge.

It's a 2001 Titanium Silver, with full black leather exclusive interior and Bruyere Club wood trim. Naturally, Atlanta's months of drought ended the evening of my drive home from the dealership. Clogged rush-hour roads and first-drive, break-in paranoia kept my speed below 45 mph and my rpm's between 1500 and 2500. Nevertheless, I could tell that this M5 is not at all like the 540ia I traded-in. This will be exciting.

Richard

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS. I'm sure you will prove to be one of the most knowledgeable owners of the car out there, given how much have learned beforehand.

enjoy!

--Dan

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
hey Richard,
congrats, take care an ENJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY !

·
Registered
174 Posts
I too have been reading this board for nearly a year and have learned a tremendous amount about the particulars of this car. You guys are great. I have been on the waiting list at Hendrick Imports in Charlotte since February. My Imola Red/Caramel/Burl is on the "Tellus" out of Bremerhaven, due to arrive in Charleston 11/12 and in my hands shortly thereafter. My only regret is that I must trade my "Don't call me stealthy" 99 Speed Yellow Carrera 2, to appease my loving wife ("What would you do with 2 cars and a motorcycle?!!), and to ensure my daughter's college tuition will be there in the fall.

Will post pics as sson as available

·
Registered
311 Posts
that's great rsteele!

Are you signed up for Panoz Track Days Nov 18th?

·
Registered
417 Posts
rsteele,
I can totally related to your weather dilemma. An 81 day dry spell ended the week I took delivery...and we haven't had more than 36 hours without precipitation since(we're actually getting light snow right now).

·
Registered
136 Posts
rsteele,
congratulations... have fun...

------------------
Dany

'01 M5 - lemans blue

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<< Are you signed up for Panoz Track Days Nov 18th? >>

GradX,

I've noted previous postings in this regard. Unfortunately, I'll still be in the break-in period on that date, and I have acquired a tennis obligation during the AM.

Nevertheless, I had toyed with the idea of driving up to Road Atlanta to check out Panoz
Track Days as a bystander and to meet other Atlanta area M5 owners. Can you remind me of the particulars on Saturday 18, and tell me something about Panoz Track Days in general? Thanks.

Richard

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by rsteele:
<< Are you signed up for Panoz Track Days Nov 18th? >>

GradX,

I've noted previous postings in this regard. Unfortunately, I'll still be in the break-in period on that date, and I have acquired a tennis obligation during the AM.

Nevertheless, I had toyed with the idea of driving up to Road Atlanta to check out Panoz
Track Days as a bystander and to meet other Atlanta area M5 owners. Can you remind me of the particulars on Saturday 18, and tell me something about Panoz Track Days in general? Thanks.

Richard
I will be there on Saturday the 18th. Panoz puts on a great event. If you sign up for intermediate or advanced your pretty much on your own all day except the corner workers/instructors will give you feedback if you ask. No speed limit imposed. The touring group has a classromm session and speeds are held down with a pace car for the first half of the day. Call Panoz at 770.967.1220 to sign up. Cost is only $195.00 for all day on the track.

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts