BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just thinking that since I'm adding a quart every month the oil cycle should be pretty clean. Wouldn't we just have to change the filter? Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You're still mixing clean oil with dirty oil, which is not good. Also, I'm sure many owners on here put their cars through alot during regular driving, and it's always best to play it safe and keep your oil clean with regular changes. Don't get me wrong, as long you have oil in there, you are unlikely to have any major issues...but with these cars and how hard they are driven, I think it's always better to lean on the side of caution.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I wish it worked that way but it doesn´t. I change all fluids way too often but it also makes me sleep a lot better :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I wouldn't take the chance of "half-azzing" it with such a sensitive and expensive vehicle. In one of those quarts you are adding might contain contaminates, like another member just posted. You just can't be too sure sometimes. If you are gunna do it, do it right. procedure. :tonquesmilie:

·
Registered
31 Posts
The recommended intervals already seem too long between changes, I certainly wouldn't to go any longer than BMW suggests.

·
Registered
110 Posts
as mentioned don't forget that although the car consumes oil it does not consume the contaminants and is like adding fresh water to mud ... still not good to drink :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts