BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased a 2008 e63 M6 from a dealer back in December and got the Simoniz GlassCoat treatment added on, mainly for the warranty. After owning the car for a bit, I noticed there were pretty severe swirls/scratches in the paint. Nothing that is noticeable unless you look close, but it is definitely there. I didn't worry too much about it, but considered going paint correction done some time in the future.

This weekend I was a dumbass and cleaned my car outside in the sun using Meiguars products as usual. After cleaning, the car had some pretty severe waterspots all over. The front windshield is especially bad, and I tried scrubbing it with Windex, then Rain-X Extreme Clean for glass, and Rain-X glass cleaner. Nothing helped.

With the Simoniz warranty, it is supposed to cover waterspots, so hopefully I will be able to get those removed under the warranty. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, now I am considering getting paint correction done, which I assume will strip off the Simoniz GlassCoat. Can anyone confirm this, and is there a way to do the paint correction and have the GlassCoat reapplied?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I purchased a 2008 e63 M6 from a dealer back in December and got the Simoniz GlassCoat treatment added on, mainly for the warranty. After owning the car for a bit, I noticed there were pretty severe swirls/scratches in the paint. Nothing that is noticeable unless you look close, but it is definitely there. I didn't worry too much about it, but considered going paint correction done some time in the future.

This weekend I was a dumbass and cleaned my car outside in the sun using Meiguars products as usual. After cleaning, the car had some pretty severe waterspots all over. The front windshield is especially bad, and I tried scrubbing it with Windex, then Rain-X Extreme Clean for glass, and Rain-X glass cleaner. Nothing helped.

With the Simoniz warranty, it is supposed to cover waterspots, so hopefully I will be able to get those removed under the warranty. Does anyone have any experience with this? Also, now I am considering getting paint correction done, which I assume will strip off the Simoniz GlassCoat. Can anyone confirm this, and is there a way to do the paint correction and have the GlassCoat reapplied?

Thanks for your help.
I experienced the same with my Jaguar. I used Turtle Wax Black Kit and later follow-up with McGuire high gloss wax. That corrected the water spot problem and reduced much of the swirl marks. Call me crazy but I am thinking of re-applying Glass Wax myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts