BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The longer I have to wait to spec my car the more I am changing my mind regarding the interior color of the car(black exterior).I am now considering a silvertone interior.From the pictures this appears closer to ivory than gray or silver.I used to have a gray interior 740i which I never liked.Does silvertone look anything like gray?If it is closer to gray I may decide to be unoriginal and go with black exterior/black interior.The Indianapolis red is just too loud for me.Also does anyone have any pictures of perforated silvertone?I would greatly appreciate!!!:M5launch:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
rob1 said:
The longer I have to wait to spec my car the more I am changing my mind regarding the interior color of the car(black exterior).I am now considering a silvertone interior.From the pictures this appears closer to ivory than gray or silver.I used to have a gray interior 740i which I never liked.Does silvertone look anything like gray?If it is closer to gray I may decide to be unoriginal and go with black exterior/black interior.The Indianapolis red is just too loud for me.Also does anyone have any pictures of perforated silvertone?I would greatly appreciate!!!:M5launch:
The one I sat in in Detroit looked almost white. I thought it was white until I read the spec. It is a very, very light grey.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I would describe it as a light blue-gray. Similar to the exterior color itself.

This interior is was very common in the E39 M5s. Particularly with Blue, Silverstone and Titanium exteriors.

·
Registered
100 Posts
rob1 said:
If you are going to drive the car almost daily ,you might think twice about the light interior.However the black on black will look like any other import.I think the silverstone int. might be worth the extra effort to keep it clean because of the uniqueness of it . As i told your fellow buckeye(wolverine) we will be driving more in the summer therefore i think i am going with the silverstone.I will be ordering this winter so i will have the luxury of seeing a few up close before making my final decision.Best of luck to all. Crg

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the input.I am suddenly leaning more towards the silvertone interior.What color exterior are CRG and Wolverine getting?Also are you getting perforated leather?Would appreciate your responses.Rob

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
rob1 said:
I appreciate the input.I am suddenly leaning more towards the silvertone interior.What color exterior are CRG and Wolverine getting?Also are you getting perforated leather?Would appreciate your responses.Rob
I'm getting the Silverstone exterior, mainly because I'm coming off 6 years of maintaining black cars in rainy/slushy winters. The interior will be more maintenance, but my only kid is 17 and he won't be messing up the car, that's for sure. I have a light beige interior on my 545 now, and it does take regular cleaning - about once a month - to keep it looking good. I am getting the perforated leather because I liked the idea of ventilated seats. I think they'll be more comfortable on hot days.

Just FYI - the 'wolverine' is because I'm a University of Michigan grad - even though I do live here in the great state of Ohio, I cringe at being called a 'buckeye':crying:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wolverine said:
I'm getting the Silverstone exterior, mainly because I'm coming off 6 years of maintaining black cars in rainy/slushy winters. The interior will be more maintenance, but my only kid is 17 and he won't be messing up the car, that's for sure. I have a light beige interior on my 545 now, and it does take regular cleaning - about once a month - to keep it looking good. I am getting the perforated leather because I liked the idea of ventilated seats. I think they'll be more comfortable on hot days.

Just FYI - the 'wolverine' is because I'm a University of Michigan grad - even though I do live here in the great state of Ohio, I cringe at being called a 'buckeye':crying:
Sorry Wolverine/Go BLUE. Will your 17 yr. old get to drive the Beast once in a while ? CRG

·
Registered
537 Posts
the silverstone interior looks great but with 2 little toddlers its going to get messed up quickly. I was just looking at my 14 year old e36 bmw and the black interior still looks great. I dont think i could say the same with a 2 year old silverstone interior

·
Registered
100 Posts
rob1 said:
Hey Rob. If I had to order today i would go with Silverstone in and out.I Since I was able to put off my order til spring delivery, I will be checking out color schemes in person whenever possible.The fact that I will not be driving my M5 as my primary vehicle (yeah right) enables me to go with the lighter interior.Not sure if I am ready for the red int. though. Good luck. Crg

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
hal2000 said:
the silverstone interior looks great but with 2 little toddlers its going to get messed up quickly. I was just looking at my 14 year old e36 bmw and the black interior still looks great. I dont think i could say the same with a 2 year old silverstone interior
I think the interior color choice comes down to whether you like the all-black BMW interiors. Many obviously do. I find them far too stark, even with aluminum or wood trim. The silverstone interior certainly will require more cleaning, but, to me, it is well worth it for the much brighter interior and the two-tone effect that is achieved through the darker gray upper door and dash panels.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
MRichmond said:
I think the interior color choice comes down to whether you like the all-black BMW interiors. Many obviously do. I find them far too stark, even with aluminum or wood trim. The silverstone interior certainly will require more cleaning, but, to me, it is well worth it for the much brighter interior and the two-tone effect that is achieved through the darker gray upper door and dash panels.
That's pretty much my opinion. I actually like black in smaller interiors such as the Porsche, or even the M6. With an interior as large as the M5, it is just too much black for me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys!!I am going to go with silvertone interior and black exterior.I now have to decide perforated or not.Is the perforated as durable as the non perforated?

·
Registered
100 Posts
rob1 said:
Thanks guys!!I am going to go with silvertone interior and black exterior.I now have to decide perforated or not.Is the perforated as durable as the non perforated?
Rob1...try to see black over portland brown,it might be a compromise. Different than black and not needing as much attention as silverstone. CRG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts