BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the silverstone interior easy to keep clean? I just looked at one at a dealership and it seemed to be very marked. After much thought my final colour choice is to be Le mans blue with silverstone sportive. Does anyone have this colour combo? or would all black sportive be a better choice. The le mans blue inerior is a little too much for me.

Any comments would be welcome

God, its about time I made my mind up!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I had the Mullberry interior in my M3 which is very similar in color to the Silverstone (brightness, anyway). I had no trouble keeping the seats clean.

I've ordered the Silverstone interior with my M5. My only wish is that I could get the seats to be all Silverstone instead of black and Silverstone.

------------------
Phil

01 M5 SilverStone due 12/00

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
If memory serves me right, I think there was one post where someone said that his black belt was rubbing on the Silverstone interior and leaving marks, but I haven't heard of any other comments. Mine is still looking great after 6 months! It's definitely a fantastic look.

Anzir
Silverstone/Silverstone

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anzir,

That was me who had the problem.
But glad. Winter is coming, so my overcoat should protect the seats :p

Stevemj,

Mine is Avus Blue with Silverstone interior.
The first generation didn't have Le Mans Blue for choice
I would say Blue and Silverstone makes a great combo and that's why I made my choice. When there were only E34 M5 (mine was Black on Black), I always dreamt to have a Blue and White, since E39 force you to have a 2 tone interior (you can't order BMW Individual in 1st gen.), the Silverstone is the closest I could get.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hey Phil,

You should ask your dealership about BMW Individual for single tone interior. I think it's available now (at a not so justifyable price).
I was told when I order mine (Aug 1999), because of the overwhelming demand, they won't do BMW Individual on M5s'.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Originally posted by BrianC:
Hey Phil,

You should ask your dealership about BMW Individual for single tone interior. I think it's available now (at a not so justifyable price).
I was told when I order mine (Aug 1999), because of the overwhelming demand, they won't do BMW Individual on M5s'.
I'll pass on the BMW Individual. I'm having a hard enough time convincing my wife to spend money as it is...

------------------
Phil

01 M5 SilverStone due 12/00

·
Registered
106 Posts
I haven't had a problem with anything staining my Silverstone interior. The aluminum finish isn't durable, however, and I had problems with that. But the leather is just fine if you keep it well-conditioned with a good cleaner and moisturizer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts