BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heading to Silverstone for the Grand Prix? I'm there Saturday and Sunday. Heading down to Oxford on Friday evening to collect family before heading to Silverstone on Saturday morning. Eldest son is Aero Trackside Engineer for the Manor Marussia team so even though they won't be winning anything, we have an interest in their fortunes!
Once I know the logistics, I'll drop times and route I'll be taking if anyone wants to join in convoy!
Best regards
Mark
2008 Sapphire Black E60 M5

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RIP UK owners.... where are they all Mark?
Don't know Mark!

This thread was from last year when we went to Silverstone. Great weekend. Eldest son Richard is trackside Aero Engineer for the Manor team (previously with Brawn and then Mercedes). He'll be there again this year so we might go again.

Have you got that exhaust fitted yet! I'm waiting to hear a sound file/video......:devil

Best regards
Mark

·
Registered
218 Posts
Xpipe is being delivered Monday, so hopefully next week sometime. Been trying to get some quotes, but sadly some good garages are shying away from labour only quotes.

I'll probably head to evolve and get them to do the alpha n at the same time, that's been on hold since ordered the xpipe.

I might be going to Silverstone, I'll give you a shout if I do.

If I'm honest, I've not idea what the sound is going to be like (never heard a similar setup in person), longtube headers, secondary cats, Tubi xpipe and your Tubi sport mufflers...

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks bl00dy awesome Mark!

Mufflers alone would have made you smile.....think your set up will be fine ;-) hope you are friendly with your neighbours!!!! One thing for sure, the rumore boxes would have been far too loud for the road.

Best regards
Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts