BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this board, just ordered a M5 from Germany to import to the UK. I have read a few posts regarding the silverstone colour, and would be interested if anybody who has seen this colour could give their views. Was going for the avus blue but now only the le mans blue available, after seeing a car in this colour opted for the silverstone with silverstone sportive leather.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I nearly bought a used one until I realised it was the one Tiff Needell tested on Top Gear!!! It had the two tone interior also Silverstone. The best I can describe it is a silvery powder blue. It appears to be one of the colours you either love or hate. Seems to be one of the more popular colours. It is pretty low key so if you want to stand out then get the LeMans Blue or Red!! The good thing is as far as I know it is not available on any other models than M5 but if I'm wrong I am sure somebody will correct me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think your right about it been only available for the M5.
Titan silver is the colour available for most bm's
I still have some time to change the colour, must try to get to see one.

cheers

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
I think silverstone looks like a metalic baby blue.... If you want a silver color, just go for the titanium silver.. looks great on the M5.. =)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Good save JohnH! You could say that car was "run-in" and then some by the time you looked at it.

Were the rear tires showing cord or had they graciously replaced them?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
MWM, They had replaced the tyres and it had a different number plate. I only found out when I looked at the spec sheet as it had been "Press Prepared" and had the original number. Had about 7,000 miles on the clock and from the condition it looked like new.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For nice pictures go to '00 silverstone M5 pictures posted by Kenneth. 19 May 2000 Hope this will give you a good idea of what the color looks like PS.My M5 IS Sylverstone!!!

------------------

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a silverstone M5 with the silvertone interior and aluminum trim. I absolutely love this color combo. It's a perfect fit for the sporty character of the M5. I had a silver 540, black leather w/ wood before. It was nice but what I have now is stunning.

For pictures, go to <A HREF="http://www.logicalsteps.com/m5/pics/pictures.htm">M5 Pictures</A>

Later,
Kenneth
'00 silverstone M5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts