BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Do any of you know if there are any suppliers in the United States that sell leather in the silbergrey color? I'm restoring the interior of my 1991 BMW M5 and can't find leather in this color except in the UK. Since the leather needs to be shipped rolled not folded, I'm worried it'll get damaged in transit. Thanks, Paul

·
10,456 Posts
you know you can buy brand new seat covers, or bulk leather from your local bmw dealer. It is available form my early silver gray car, so i'd imagine it's available for light silvergray as well. It does come from germany, so it takes a few days.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not available from dealer

I checked with the dealer and they cannot get it in either seat covers or bulk. In fact, they don't sell bulk leather anymore.

·
10,456 Posts
I checked with the dealer and they cannot get it in either seat covers or bulk. In fact, they don't sell bulk leather anymore.
hmm, my dealer was willing and able to order it for me not more than 4 months ago, either complete seat covers or bulk leather by the foot. I was the one who declined based on the price of about $800 per seat! (and i only really need work on a bolster)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Many US M5s were delivered with Silbergrau hell leather so it is really strange if they cannot get hold of that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who is the dealer you called?

Can you tell me who the dealer you called is? I wish I was in your situation and only had to fix a bolster. If I can get some bulk leather at a "decent" price, I'll go for it, but I have a feeling getting a hide from UK Hide will be my best option in the end.

·
10,456 Posts
i have a friend at my local dealership, concord bmw.(i don't generally give out his contact info, as he does not usually deal with the general public. I don't want to damage my sources!) If you want i can call him next week to see if it truly is nla or if your dealership just doesn't want to deal with the hassles.
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts