BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched the M5 drive down the driveway for the last time on its way to its new home in Colorado ( Aurora so all you guys out there keep your eyes out for a well modded LMB beast) so it's time to sign off of this forum and thank all of you for all the help, support and knowledge over the years. It has been a great ride and a real slice.
Thanks
Davecherrsagaicherrsagai

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I'm in the exact same place right now...minutes ago I just watched my favorite car I've ever owned leave my driveway for the last time. Hurts inside, but as long as they are going to good homes, and fuels the passion for 2 new enthusiasts, I am happy.

-Connor

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Dave-

Long time.... sigh.

Take care, stop in once in a while. Who knows, there may be another M in your future.

Adam

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Nearly 8 years, wow. Hope you find what you're looking for, both you and FB400 :)

·
Registered
820 Posts
What are you guys picking up to replace the M5's?

I've been a 2001 M Coupe owner for years, like about 6 of them, and I inherited my dad's M5 in November. It's one of the most enjoyable cars I've ever driven. I'm not sure there is a car on sale today I'd take over it. I rarely drive my M Coupe these days.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
good luck with whatever you end up with. I think some day when I have used this car up I will get an F10 M5 but I think I have many fun years left with this one.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I really don't understand why people get rid of their E39 M5. Good luck with whatever you choose though fellas.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Congratulations on the sale, but wishes for the future!

Strange to be an "old-timer" on the board...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'd be interested to know what you guys are replacing your cars with too? I've considered replacing mine, but when I start looking at my options I'm stumped. I don't have unlimited funds so a lot of new "under warranty" super cars are off the list. I keep ending up back at the E39 M5 or in a "something completely different" path (i.e. small SUV, or - gasp - electric car!). The current M3 is an option (still pricey used), but I have a feeling I would be disappointed with the lack of torque. I DD my car so I've come to appreciate the comfort and utility of the M5.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Congrats on the sale and from now on I will not underestimate the power of free beer in any transaction. Hopefully you'll check back here once in a while or find your way back to an E39 M. Tell us what you're replacing her with.
-R

·
Registered
12,778 Posts
I really don't understand why people get rid of their E39 M5.
Sometimes, people simply tire of the same thing after having it for a long time and want to try something different. Thankfully for me, SWMBO doesn't feel that way!!!hiha

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
286 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way but thank you for selling your beast. I just got mine in Feb. and plan on passing it on to one of my 4 kids, although I know in reality I too will probably be selling mine as well. Each one that gets sold is most likely fulfilling a dream for someone such as myself that could not have afforded one new. Hopefully whomever purchased the car has been guided to this site and will contribute to it. We all sell things we love for many reasons and often later wish we could have them back, but let's be honest the m5 is not perfect and there is going to be something special in the garage of every seller. Reading this thread made ask myself this, of all the cars I have sold which would I most want back? Easy, The 1984 Honda CRX that was my first car (ahh the memories). What about you?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Always sucks when we lose a member but congrats on sales guys.
Check back and update us when u find your next cars

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
OK- I have to admit I will need to wean myself off this board slowly. Trying to go cold turkey just isn't working. It's almost (still) an automatic reflex to click on as soon as my computer is booted up. I appreciate all the comments from all the friends I've been forunate to make over the years. You all know that if you're ever in Park City or Moab to let me know before you arrive. The beast is being replaced with an expedition equipped Toyota Land Cruiser- time for a change of lifestyle. Going fast is giving way to exploring all the incredible terrain out here in Utah and surrounding states ( although I have to confess I'm looking at at supercharger as part of the expedition build!).
I'll probably mostly be a lurker from now on but will pop up from time to time.
Ciaocherrsagaicherrsagai

·
Registered
865 Posts
Good luck exploring rougher terrain, and thanks for going private party sale.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think a good replacement for all you e39 m5 owners would be a nice Grand Cherokee SRT. Plenty of beastpower from the V8 and also AWD for a change. Off the line, nothing beats them...however they fall on their face fast in a rolling start....they are very nice looking also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts