BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BlackM5,

I saw your car in person for the second time tonight. BOY O BOY... It was being tested on a dyno at a shop near Sacramento. You are in for a treat. My god does that thing sound good. Bill did an amazing job and has taken good care of your monster. I just can't get over how mean that thing sounded.

I have some stills and some video but I have no idea how to upload them on this site. I also want to make sure Bill does not mind. I will leave that up to him. By the way, Bill is one hell of a nice guy and really knows his stuff. Nice meeting you Bill and thanks for all the info.

:M5rev: :wroom: :cheers:

-Chad

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
My God. My heart skipped a beat when i saw your thread leave alone knowing that you heard how she sounded :lovelove: .... and BEFORE her owner

So did you just bump into the car on the road, saw it at the dyno, or knew first had before it went.

Videos and pics please mmmmmm

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black M5 said:
My God. My heart skipped a beat when i saw your thread leave alone knowing that you heard how she sounded :lovelove: .... and BEFORE her owner

So did you just bump into the car on the road, saw it at the dyno, or knew first had before it went.

Videos and pics please mmmmmm

My brother and a bunch of his friends are BMW nuts and are really dialed in to what is going on around town. One of his buddies has a turbo M3 and was at a shop doing work on it yesterday. Then all of a sudden a Black M5 pulls in. He immediately calls me (not knowing that I know exactly which car this is) and says hey, a crazy black M5 with a supercharger just pulled in. He starts describing it and I stop him... I say, foreign plates? He replies yes. At that point I called off my dinner engagement turned the car around (as I was headed towards Davis) and the next thing you know I am eating In-N-Out sitting in the parking lot of a dyno shop (my fiance` was thrilled...Not...Atleast i dropped her off at home first and didnt make her sit through it, right?).

So bottomline, it was completely by coincidence that I crossed paths with your car and boy was it ever worth it to call off dinner......

:M5thumbs: :M5launch:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a warning... The videos/pics I have are decent but they were both run through a super small digital camera so the quality leaves a little to be desired but they are actually pretty good. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
There are more than a few folks that would like the name of a good (competent) dyno shop in the Sac valley area....

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ard said:
There are more than a few folks that would like the name of a good (competent) dyno shop in the Sac valley area....
There are several but Bill would probably be a better person to answer that question. The one where Black M5's car was at seemed like a great place.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
as for dyno runs, it makes little difference about quality as the car is just sitting there..the sound is what is most important.
If the sound is what is important... Then this car is top knotch. I could sit there and listen to that sound all day long (if I didnt go deaf - that thing was freakin loud when it was wound up)!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pics and video are being uploaded as we speak. The sound is good.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
SACM5 said:
There are several but Bill would probably be a better person to answer that question. The one where Black M5's car was at seemed like a great place.
Huh (puzzled look)... yeah, I though so...

But there was a local (drallen) who posted that he wanted any leads on good dyno shops to test his car after some work was done at Discovery ....and the best he got from Sean at discovery was a reference to the shop Motatti used over in the East Bay Area, 125 miles away. (Maybe at the time he didn't know of any in Sac...)

I really don't care as I am personally not planning on using one in the immediate future-

But the more Ms they test, the better validated the dyno shop.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ard said:

But there was a local (drallen) who posted that he wanted any leads on good dyno shops to test his car after some work was done at Discovery ....and the best he got from Sean at discovery was a reference to the shop Motatti used over in the East Bay Area, 125 miles away. (Maybe at the time he didn't know of any in Sac...)

I really don't care as I am personally not planning on using one in the immediate future-

To their defense, the shop BlackM5's car was at has not been their that long. I know the guy who owns the building and I think I remember when they moved in a while back. Seems like a good shop.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I see you got your priority straight:hihi:

SACM5 said:
My brother and a bunch of his friends are BMW nuts and are really dialed in to what is going on around town. One of his buddies has a turbo M3 and was at a shop doing work on it yesterday. Then all of a sudden a Black M5 pulls in. He immediately calls me (not knowing that I know exactly which car this is) and says hey, a crazy black M5 with a supercharger just pulled in. He starts describing it and I stop him... I say, foreign plates? He replies yes. At that point I called off my dinner engagement turned the car around (as I was headed towards Davis) and the next thing you know I am eating In-N-Out sitting in the parking lot of a dyno shop (my fiance` was thrilled...Not...Atleast i dropped her off at home first and didnt make her sit through it, right?).

So bottomline, it was completely by coincidence that I crossed paths with your car and boy was it ever worth it to call off dinner......

:M5thumbs: :M5launch:

·
Registered
770 Posts
ard said:

I speak to Mark several times a day dynoing his car is not an issue. I never reposted because we took it to email.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I think you want experienced dyno operator instead. You really don't want your car to skip off the harness at full throttle...:M5launch:

SC'dKellenersM5 said:
as for dyno runs, it makes little difference about quality as the car is just sitting there..the sound is what is most important.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dmz said:
I see you got your priority straight:hihi:

I thought so... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Abdulla how much longer is your beast going to be out in Sacramento? That's only a few hours from where I am going to be this weekend, so a short trip would be a blast to hear that monster. I dont think I could complain much about the drive, plus it would put me close to my mothers house who I havent seen in months. I cant wait for the video!
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts