BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is my first post on the M5 boards. I've been driving a 528i for the past 2.5 years and on February 14th, I bought the Beast. 2000 with 23k, Jet black on black extended leather. I've been doing a lot of this :M5launch: with my new toy.

My car was ordered "badge delete" by the original owner. As far as I can tell, the only badges missing are the trunk badge (which I have replaced) and the exterior passenger and driver side door moldings with the inset M5 badge. I've searched the board and even tried realoem.com and I can't find the part #'s. I called Crevier and all the parts guy could come up with was the molding without the badge, but no part # for the badge itself. It looks like it sits in a little plastic tray on the molding.

Can anyone help me with the part numbers of the molding with the badge? Or if its available, just the actual badge with the little plastic tray it sits in.

I think after this I will be fully re-badged. Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
billrM5 said:
Well, this is my first post on the M5 boards. I've been driving a 528i for the past 2.5 years and on February 14th, I bought the Beast. 2000 with 23k, Jet black on black extended leather. I've been doing a lot of this :M5launch: with my new toy.

My car was ordered "badge delete" by the original owner. As far as I can tell, the only badges missing are the trunk badge (which I have replaced) and the exterior passenger and driver side door moldings with the inset M5 badge. I've searched the board and even tried realoem.com and I can't find the part #'s. I called Crevier and all the parts guy could come up with was the molding without the badge, but no part # for the badge itself. It looks like it sits in a little plastic tray on the molding.

Can anyone help me with the part numbers of the molding with the badge? Or if its available, just the actual badge with the little plastic tray it sits in.

I have owned the current model M5 for 4 years and I cannot recall an M5 badge on the side molding. So I went outside and looked and there it is. I have to believe that a dealer has the part number for this. It would definitely be a part of the door molding. It is not simply a sticker.

Mark

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I had to go through this on my M5 as well. There is a special door molding piece you need to purchase that is just for the M5. I wish I had the number off the top of my head. This molding has the square inlet for the M5 sticker to go into. You also then need to purchase the M5 sticker and put it in the inlet of the molding. Keep looking on the ETK CD with your dealer and you should be able to find the number for the molding. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
651 Posts
billrM5 said:

Noooo don't do it the four tail pipes tell the whole story all by themselves. IMHO

·
Registered
784 Posts
When the side door moldings are ordered for a Euro they arrive with the plastic insert and the ///M logo already in place.

For some reason ETK (BMW parts cat) has the incorrect part number listed. Both the non-M and the M versions of the molding are in stock in the this country.

Regards,

Shadowman

·
Registered
399 Posts
billrM5 said:

I have two that you can have.

Just pm me.

Greg

·
Registered
511 Posts
Greco said:
Door moulding:

Front right: 51138159296
Front left: 51138159295

Emblem: 51132496165

The ones above are US spec, so I guess the euro ones should be correct..
02 MOULDING DOOR FRONT LEFT SCHWARZ 1 51132693353
02 MOULDING DOOR FRONT RIGHT SCHWARZ 1 51132693354

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
BillrM5,
I read on another post that your car has "vavona redwood trim". I don't know that I've ever seen that. Do you have any pictures of the interior???

Welcome to the board!

:cheers:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no pictures yet, but I will take some probably this weekend. The Vavona Redwood trim actually came from my 1999 528i, I swapped it after I brought the BEAST home. The wood trim that came with the ///M5 was a little too light colored for my taste. The only thing that is not Vavona is the shifter, although it doesnt look too out of place. I'm actually planning to get the silver trim eventually (its expensive) and i might start with the shifter.

pictures to come soon..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts