Registered
387 Posts
IMG_20200920_131652.jpg IMG_20200920_131657.jpg

They perfectly align now.

Reactions: sundaycruzers

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have 6 pairs left, for both driver side and passenger side. So if your mirrors are having alignment issues, or just want back up in case it does happen. Go ahead and send me a PM!

·
Registered
387 Posts
4 Left. Get it while it's here. If your mirrors are mis-aligned or doing the whole can't stop, won't stop.

·
Registered
387 Posts
3 left.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to leave a post as I picked these up from Simon. No affiliation, I have no posts because I just bought my car last week from a family member. '07 6 speed.

One of the first things I noticed was that driver's side mirror was slightly misaligned. After doing some preliminary research, I came across this thread and ordered the repair parts from Simon. Just received them today, and while I haven't installed them, they do appear to be nicely machined. Saving these for when I have time to address the mirror over a rainy weekend. Big thanks to Simon for coming up with parts to support this community.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thanks Brian!! Let me know if you need any pointers in future. But it's pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Brian!! Let me know if you need any pointers in future. But it's pretty straightforward.
Hey Simon / anyone else who might be able to help:

Going to tackle this next as a friend and I did throttle actuators this weekend. I read thru the thread and am confused as to whether or not the inner door panel 'needs' to come off... is it indeed possible to pull aside part of the trim and to release the bolts that hold the mirror without taking the inner door panel off? That is my preference obviously. Thanks.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey Simon / anyone else who might be able to help:

Going to tackle this next as a friend and I did throttle actuators this weekend. I read thru the thread and am confused as to whether or not the inner door panel 'needs' to come off... is it indeed possible to pull aside part of the trim and to release the bolts that hold the mirror without taking the inner door panel off? That is my preference obviously. Thanks.
I was able to pull off the inner screw closest to the door hinge and remove the mirror by flexing the door panel just a bit. Nothing crazy. You should be able to also. No need to remove door panels and airbag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was able to pull off the inner screw closest to the door hinge and remove the mirror by flexing the door panel just a bit. Nothing crazy. You should be able to also. No need to remove door panels and airbag.
Thanks! To be clear, this is the screw in question, correct?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Exactly! Once you pull that one out pop out the couple clips on the right side until you can slide out the tweeter housing molding. Then you can disconnect the tweeter and remove the bolts to take off the mirror.

Reactions: brian52555
121 - 140 of 149 Posts