BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who performs their own maintenance and wants to reset the SI lights, these instructions work on my 2000 M5 (and an E46).

I am providing the instructions for informational purposes only so don't get mad at me if YOU screw something up on your car, perform this procedure at your own risk.

Reset procedure using the Reset Mode (possible from 9/99 onward for E46, MY2001 E52)

(Also works on MY2000 E39 M5 although what is says on the screen is slightly different than as described here, the procedure is the same, however).
  • Ignition key must be off
  • Press and hold the trip odometer button in the instrument cluster (left button), and turn the ignition key to the FIRST position.
  • Keep the button pressed for approximately 5 seconds until one of the following words appear in the display: "OIL SERVICE" or "INSPECTION" with "reset". (E39 is slightly different)
  • Release the button and press and hold it again until "reset" begins to flash, release the button.
  • While the display is flashing, press the left button briefly to reset the service interval, the following will appear: "END SIA".
The system can only be reset again after 10L (2.5 gal) of fuel have been consumed.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts