BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a sub + amp for xmas , just have to get it installed soon. just wanting to see pix for ideas' and such

i got a JL 12" W7 and a jl Gmax amp. :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
114 Posts
i think i should have one of the best audio setups on m5 here.

sinfoni amps x 3 , pioneer odr 2 , 3 way flux reference, pega 12" making 135db , phoenix gold 1500w on woofer.

won sq competitions :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
photos when i got time to take it, don't worry :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
As promised

Some teasers.

Attachments

Reactions: nelson29

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Is the HK L7 not good enough? I mean in this car, the audio is an afterthought since that V10 hums such a great note. I cannot believe anyone would even touch the audio/electronics in this car.

·
Registered
692 Posts
i think i should have one of the best audio setups on m5 here.

sinfoni amps x 3 , pioneer odr 2 , 3 way flux reference, pega 12" making 135db , phoenix gold 1500w on woofer.

won sq competitions :)

damn pics look outstanding. system must sound insane.

·
Registered
114 Posts
damn pics look outstanding. system must sound insane.
you are right and unfortunately the audio cost more then a gpower sk3 kit ~.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had a 12w6 in my e63 just thought i'd point out that its OVERKILL in base..
Its only OVERKILL if you dont have the an upgraded front stage that can keep up. Never been a fan of people only adding a sub just because of more bass.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Awesome system Davidykhor. Those ODR speakers are SEX.

Here's another M5 with a Aftermarket system

06 M5 Build - DIYMA.com

and my friends old Sonfoni/rainbow demo vehicle for CES 2008

CES project for Rainbow/Sinfoni 07 BMW 5 series - DIYMA.com
yes i saw those build before.

the audison build on the other m5 was a waste, those speakers are okay but the amps are not good enough for it, not to mention those analog/digital conversion all around alreayd take away most of the analogue sound quality.

for the other sinfoni build its nice.

ths speakers i have are the flux reference series, they are the same thing as the rainbow reference series which cost $15000 a set. I left the original car system in tact muted, just to run bluetooth voice and parktronic. i have a 360.2 and audison bitone lying there which i din't use cause i felt they are not very good. the 360.2 only have 6 output channel and the bitone has 8, but the bitone is unable to do individual crossover points like the odr can, i r&d all my setup and in the end i just chuck in a odr, i also got bout $7k worth of audio cables in the car :p all premium shielded stuff furukawa, no airplane sound or whatsoever. every amps / odr / and so on has a baby capacitor on it, hidden as well, and there is a 2nd battery as well with a big cap also hidden, i needed the bootspace for my golf set. the original boot cover can anytime sit back on, thats the way its designed.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Wow, i"m very impress with your knowledge. You defintely did not cut corners on your system. Have you ever heard the micro precision z studios? i heard theyre huge in Asia. I sold the midrange and midbass set on ebay a couple of weeks ago and still have the sub, never heard them but the build quality is insane. have you heard the Bewith speakers?

·
Registered
114 Posts
micro precision ... well speakers depends on what you want from them.

competition wise, go for the focals, as they got the things that what competition wants! , but if you mean you are listening to it day and night, you want a set of speakers that sounds warm and not sharp till it poke your ears.

never heard of bewith .

·
Registered
596 Posts
RHD M5...nice

·
Registered
472 Posts
Was happy with the sound in my car but I know how much of a big difference these mods make...sound mods are the only ones I ever did before the M5...TBH I am busy concentrating on keeping the beast on the road so hardly use the stereo

·
Registered
114 Posts
RHD yes. and i pay 2.5x of what you all pay in usa for the car ..

·
Registered
60 Posts
"Awesome system Davidykhor. Those ODR speakers are sex"

Im sorry Nelson they are not ODR speakers, I think the reference to the ODR was the head unit

·
Registered
114 Posts
already explained it to him :)

its flux reference series.

the exact same thing as rainbow reference series.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts