BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a carbon black with the sport package/silverstone & black trim.

I am still on the waiting list for an alotment to go into production sometime in the spring or summer of 2001 and I'm faced with a hard decision: Keep the 2000 model which I currently have or trade it in for the 2001 model. I expect to have about 15000-16000 miles by the time the other car is to arrive and what I really want is avus or lemans blue exterior with the all leather interior. Any recommendations?

Right now the only drawback is to pay the difference between a used m5 and a new 2001

·
Registered
844 Posts
Originally posted by GradX:
I currently have a carbon black with the sport package/silverstone & black trim.

I am still on the waiting list for an alotment to go into production sometime in the spring or summer of 2001 and I'm faced with a hard decision: Keep the 2000 model which I currently have or trade it in for the 2001 model. I expect to have about 15000-16000 miles by the time the other car is to arrive and what I really want is avus or lemans blue exterior with the all leather interior. Any recommendations?

Right now the only drawback is to pay the difference between a used m5 and a new 2001
Unless you can sell your 00 for more than the MSRP of an 01.

------------------

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tough decision. Remember, the all leather is only with wood trim (if I understand posts on this board) for '01. For me, not a big problem...I don't have an '00 and I want the new nav system.

For you, if the color is important, you are ok with the wood (I am), and the money is not a big issue...than my recommendation is to go for it. It will also make the car younger' through the inevitable period when no M5s are available (M3s have been gone for nearly 2 years).

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
If the color is such an issue for you then you've just got to decide if you can afford the difference.

ME

·
Registered
68 Posts
Keep the 2000
Why?
The car gets faster and faster and by 60k miles you will be flying

There is no performance difference 00/01

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
It would make sense only if you can sell right now for more than you paid. For example, at yesterday's Westbury concours Habberstad BMW had one listed for $79,970 for a used car (2500 miles).

The recurring question I had, was: why would someone pay $7k above list for a used car when you can get an '01 in 2-3 months for less $?

I don't get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts