BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My deposit in June 2003 only gave me a #12 position on the local dealer's M5 waiting list, but that didn't and still doesn't concern me. I've got 70,000 miles on a very well maintained E39 M5, and I absolutely love the car. I know that I won't get what my M5 is worth on trade-in. I figured it would be this time next year before my name was called. No problem.

However, I just returned from vacation to find a voice message from my salesman. I have an opportunity to order the car! Apparently, a very large number on the waiting list have just melted away. Hmmm. Do you suppose they're holding out for the 6-speed? ...for early production kinks to be worked out? Is there something else that I've missed while fairly glued to this messageboard?

Should I jump at this chance? Or is there good reason for me to pass for now, other than for a 6-speed transmission preference?

Richard

·
Registered
198 Posts
jump as long as its msrp;

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Not surprised. This isn't 1999 anymore (people having more money than brainsouich) and plenty of folks are holding out for the manual trans recently confirmed by BMWUSA for September 2006 availability.

Having said that, I'd order the car!!!:hihi:

·
Registered
174 Posts
As a fellow :cool: Steele, I say do it. Let's show the rest of the folks what our clan is made of. My Sapphire Black/Sepang Bronze is the 2nd due in Charlotte, NC and I can't wait!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts