BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.. Please help me decide.. I was thinking about buying 2006 m5 with 55k miles with 100k mile warranty..(3rd party)
couple of questions....

I want to keep the car for at least 4 years and I drive about 30k every year.. will these engine last pass 100k?

what kind of service do i need around 55k miles??

thanks guys!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just bought an 06 BEAST with 63k miles and out of warranty. I plan on the car lasting for a few years as my daily driver. These cars are built to last well past 100k miles.

Read the fine-print of the third party warranty and make sure your know everything that it covers, especially if you are going to base your purchase decision upon that warranty. Many third party warranties hardly cover anything important, but others can be very useful. Make sure you know what you are getting.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
If you are planning on driving this car to the $175K mile mark, I think you would realistically need ti budget in for some significant repair and maintenance costs. As noted above, I would not expect the SMG to go that distance without some attention.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do i need to worry about anything till 100k? what kind of maitenance do i need? will the value of the car drop alot when i try to trade it in at 100k?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts