BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i buy the M5 now(september delivery) or wair for a few months before BMW patches and fixes up some faults that migh occure with the car specially it's in its first proction. we dont want engines blowing up lik the the M3 you know :) specially this is a V10.

so whats everyones take on this matter? should i wait on the car before BMW resolves the issues?


1'm looking for silver ext with the imola like interior in 7 speed SMG.

thanks! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
I am going to wait for 1 year. By that time they will have the bugs worked out...the suspension fixed...and maybe a manual 6-speed? :cool2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
...some interesting/concerning info regarding potential changes to the SMG tranny next year have been reported today in this thread: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55601


dont know what effect it will have, but if its true it may be a deciding factor for many potentials...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
No way BMW is changing this transmission to SMG 4

It will have SMG 3 for the life of the model - maybe SMG 4 will appear on the new M3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M5_2010 said:
I am going to wait for 1 year. By that time they will have the bugs worked out...the suspension fixed...and maybe a manual 6-speed? :cool2:
whats wrong with the suspension? and does'nt the car come with an optional 6 spead manual, or do you mean that's not availabel yet as an option?


any other faults/bugs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so should i wait for ZSG or go for the regular SMG? from my understanding ZSG is for non M models? :confused2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
marwan said:
so should i wait for ZSG or go for the regular SMG? from my understanding ZSG is for non M models? :confused2

:wroom: Just do it! Order one today and you will not get disappointed!
Nothing wrong with this car, but you can always sit back home waiting for
the next and the next and the next...

Life is short, get an M5 today! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EKAN said:
:wroom: Just do it! Order one today and you will not get disappointed!
Nothing wrong with this car, but you can always sit back home waiting for
the next and the next and the next...

Life is short, get an M5 today! :cheers:
true dat my friend! :)


but do you kno anything about this ZSG thing? supposed to be like audi DSG technology, only better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
I don`t thionk this M5 will ever get ZSG, it`ll keep it`s SMG III and later it will be available with a 6 speed manual.

If I were you I would order one today and drive the hell out of it :M5launch: :M5launch: :M5launch:

Don`t wait any longer :M5rev:

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
marwan said:
whats wrong with the suspension? and does'nt the car come with an optional 6 spead manual, or do you mean that's not availabel yet as an option?


any other faults/bugs?
I could complain about its size? Too big to handle like a true sport sedan.... The weight is another issue... The last E39 was a better size for the mission....
The manual is not available until next year. SMG is not worthy of the car IMHO.:blabla:

Also, a 5 passenger sedan should ride like one......but it rides like a Porsche.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
Personally me - is waiting for a year or two. Many small problems such as software bug problems that annoys very much will be sorted out and some fine options such as keyless go system will be or should be offered as an option :haha:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quick question, does the car have a button to soften the suspention say when you go out with the family and such? also, is it loud form the inside?
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
M5_2010 said:
I could complain about its size? Too big to handle like a true sport sedan.... The weight is another issue... The last E39 was a better size for the mission....
The manual is not available until next year. SMG is not worthy of the car IMHO.:blabla:

Also, a 5 passenger sedan should ride like one......but it rides like a Porsche.
What is "a true sports sedan" if it is not the E60 M5? I don't think a single review published yet would disagree that this is the best performing sedan ever made, and a significant advance over the E39.

Why is weight an issue? The car accelerates faster than virtually everything else on the road and handles well enough to be compared favorable to the Ferrari 430. If you want a 3,000-lb "sports sedan," you will have to do without any of the conveniences that a modern "sports sedan" must have, like seats.

Finally, most reviews commend the ability of the car's suspension to be very taut for utmost handling and then be switched to a perfectly comfortable ride. Many of this board's members who already have taken delivery confirm the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
marwan said:
quick question, does the car have a button to soften the suspention say when you go out with the family and such? also, is it loud form the inside?
It has at least 2 suspension modes. Sport and comfort (cant remember the 3rd if there is one) and what Ive heard it isnt as loud from the inside as the e39 M5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,356 Posts
Will the M5 be better after another year of working out the glitches? Of course. Will the computer you typed the question with be succeeded by one better, faster, and cheaper? Again, yes. Things continually improve and waiting for next year's model will almost always yield something better, but at the huge cost of not having it now. Life is short, and too short when you have the means to not have the latest and best M5 yet.

Tom
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top