BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
noone believed that a 400 hp m5 will accellerate faster than a 500 hp m5.

Did you try to accellerate at same rpm on both cars without shifting?
for example 130km/h at 3500 1/min?

I wonder who would win :confused3

·
Registered
342 Posts
As always, nice to see a new video

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Wow, it humiliated the E39. And it should, so good work BMW! How about a race through a corner, like an off ramp etc to show off the difference in handling?
:cheers:

·
Registered
58 Posts
wow, i would not have imagined that the e60 would pull away so significantly. wow . . . i can't wait to see one here in the states.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Cool Gustav, amazing acceleration. Too bad we could not have seen that in the daylight. :M5launch:

·
Registered
955 Posts
i suppose the E60 M5 was in P500 (S?) mode. wonder how would new M5 compare with the old one in P400 mode.

thanks very much for the video and hardwork Gustav! i am very looking forward to read your full report this weekend. :byee55amg

·
Banned
55 Posts
That's very similar to how badly my S/C M3 beats a stock E39 M5. Looking forward to racing a E60 someday (or possibly owning one) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Thank you for the video Gustav!

Very interesting,

all the best
adam

·
Registered
764 Posts
That really is unbelievable! I agree with Jerry; the E39 M5 is a monster above 80 mph, and the E60 is pulling on it like it was a Corolla. I notice that the V10 was never shifting below 6,000 rpm. Does the car have any push below that in the rev range? :wroom:

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes... You can go in 70 km/h in 7th gear in auto mode and it is a very ice behaving car. But it is more rev happy then the E39 M5 for sure.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oh the noise is too good - I think I am going to go through tyres at the same rate as I eat pizzas (a lot) just to hear the sound :M5thumbs:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts