BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Okay, great news. Finally the first evaluations and hopefully independent analysis of the stroker.
Thank you for the info. ML&E is a pretty good mag.

Ranger

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ranger,

You will have plenty of independent analysis and review, runs, dynos, times, etc... In the next few weeks. Darren_Dallas and I have pulled the trigger on the motor and they will ship next week. So, I would say the motors will be installed by the end of the month. We will probably take a long weekend drive to zoom through the run-in period and then let the testing begin...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Congrats guys and now I know there will be solid testing and good everyday real world conclusions.
Again congrats and good luck. Wish I was there.

Ranger

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Ranger,

You will have plenty of independent analysis and review, runs, dynos, times, etc... In the next few weeks. Darren_Dallas and I have pulled the trigger on the motor and they will ship next week. So, I would say the motors will be installed by the end of the month. We will probably take a long weekend drive to zoom through the run-in period and then let the testing begin...
wow, so shipping both cars to CA and then driving them back to to TX? did they give you an estimated time of how long they will need your cars for?

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Actually, both motors are being shipped to our dealer and the install will be done locally at the dealer.
Are you guys getting the "Full Monty" S3 pkg (including suspension, monoballs, strut/shock tower braces, BBK), or just the engine/power mods??

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Are you guys getting the "Full Monty" S3 pkg (including suspension, monoballs, strut/shock tower braces, BBK), or just the engine/power mods??

After everything is all said and done, Chris should have the official full S3 package. I'm a light-weight and will have more than the full power mods, yet less than the S3 (no upgraded brakes for example...at this point).

·
Registered
856 Posts
Darren, you gunna make it down to another Houston meet after the motor install? We'll have to schedule one around one of your visits down here!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Darren, you gunna make it down to another Houston meet after the motor install? We'll have to schedule one around one of your visits down here!

Yes sir. If you guys will have me down there I'll gladly make the trip. Also, I'm working on another Airport shoot-out somewhere in TX again for October when it's cooler.

Regards,

Darren

1 - 20 of 90 Posts