BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I've made this short clip of my new eisenmann back boxes and custom made pipe work. I still have the primary cats in place so this is a cat back.

I will be fitting qtp valves so I don't need to have it at full blast all the time but the noise in person is amazing!

The car was only taken to 5k rpm so I'm sure it'll scream a hell of a lot more at the top of the revs!

Let me know what you guys think

http://youtu.be/9NCbeJ-ZL3M

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Sounds awesome. Could be louder but I am biased lol. :7:

The QTP valves I'm a little confused by what you mean by these? You said you are going to use this to make the exhaust quieter but the Eisenmann Race mufflers by themselves are loud. The QTP valves would just dump before the mufflers is that what you're planning? That's what most do with the QTPs.

Can you go into detail of the custom piping you got done? Just deleted secondary cats and stock resonator?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what the qtp valves do bud. The custom pipe work was made by using all mandrel bends, x pipe and deleting all the resonators and secondary cats. I would like to gut the primary cats too but I don't want to change the tone of the exhaust

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,271 Posts
That's exactly what the qtp valves do bud. The custom pipe work was made by using all mandrel bends, x pipe and deleting all the resonators and secondary cats. I would like to gut the primary cats too but I don't want to change the tone of the exhaust
I think what we what to know is, "How are the QTP valves going to make your exhaust quieter?"

Unless I am missing something...When they are closed, you will be as loud as your current set up -- no change. With them open, you will be louder.

Sounds good -- nonetheless!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha you are right, it's more of a screamer pipe than anything else! I think I may just do that anyway lol!

Also, I took your advice and got my bearings done by evolve, what a great relief!

·
Registered
148 Posts
That sounds great!! Love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts