BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recommend me any shops that can do spring install? Valley Motorwerks wants $1,050 WTF (also includes alignment) said it would be 9 hour job.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I go to Diamond Autosport. He will be able to do it much cheaper. Tell him Tash recommended you to go to him. He will probably give you a better deal than most people.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Moe

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guys at Diamond Autowork do some sloppy work or they rushed it. They managed to chip some paint off on both fenders driver side and passenger. They probably left the front struts in to compress the springs which I can understand to cut down on time. They also did a poor job installing the trunk interior and even forgot to put in the plastic trunk floor mat. I had to drive back today to get it... Kinda sucks that I'll have to spend my Saturday afternoon going over their work. I could not get ahold of any of the technicians/mechanics in the back to express any concerns before the install. The owner and receptionist were apologetic but too late I'll take my business elsewhere. So for you future googlers out there I would not recommend these guys.

Batth M6 - I saw your M6 parked in the back. Hope you get your SMG issues sorted out.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Thanks man, warranty is giving me free transmission even though only SMG pump failed on me.

Hmm really? Sorry to hear they did a bad job on your car. They always modify my car (even installed the springs) with no issues. It may be some new mechanic he hired that messed the job up. Did you find any other place to do the job yet?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man, warranty is giving me free transmission even though only SMG pump failed on me.

Hmm really? Sorry to hear they did a bad job on your car. They always modify my car (even installed the springs) with no issues. It may be some new mechanic he hired that messed the job up. Did you find any other place to do the job yet?
Perhaps and maybe i was a bit harsh but still... The first thing I looked at when picking up the car was the front fenders lol. They did it for a great price though $375 without alignment.

I called around at least 8 shops but can't remember all.

IBP autosports wanted $800 no alignment - excellent customer service but they are booked most of the time.
Foreign Autohaus wanted $1000 no alignment - I think this is a rather new shop. Saw their shop at Euro Sunday.
Performance Technic $450 - I was going to go to PT, yes they are far but it would still be cheaper to drive down there and up than what the local shops are charging.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Perhaps and maybe i was a bit harsh but still... The first thing I looked at when picking up the car was the front fenders lol. They did it for a great price though $375 without alignment.

I called around at least 8 shops but can't remember all.

IBP autosports wanted $800 no alignment - excellent customer service but they are booked most of the time.
Foreign Autohaus wanted $1000 no alignment - I think this is a rather new shop. Saw their shop at Euro Sunday.
Performance Technic $450 - I was going to go to PT, yes they are far but it would still be cheaper to drive down there and up than what the local shops are charging.
I just picked up my car from Performance Technic today. They just swapped out my rod bearings for me. I've been going to them ever since I purchased my car back in 2011. Quite a few people here go there as well. I drive 40+min just to go there and Phu drives from Stockton so that's like an hour+. Worth the drive IMO. Sacramento is a bit more of a drive, but depending on the job, it could be worth it.

Mention you know Randy and they might give you special treatment :p. The owner, Joe, and I try have recently been setting up group buys for M5board. We did a Dinan Monoball one not too long ago and are going to release rod bearing group buy details early next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts