BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I am pretty much 100% on buying a used e60 m5 and I was wondering what would be the best places/websites to use to look around for prices, inventory, etc. I was looking for any e60 that had preferably under 50k miles on it and for between 30-40k. I live in North Jersey so anything around NYC metro works fine, but I am willing to do a decent amount of travel if the car is worth it. I looked a bit on cars.com and autotrader.com, but now I would love an opinion from you guys. Thanks a lot!

·
Company Representative for ADV.1 Wheels
540 Posts
I too have been looking for a new used car. For a car like the e60, other than on this forum and the sites you listed you might want to enlist the help of an auto broker (I have contacts for a few i've put out feelers to). My buddy spent 36,500 on a 2007 M5 from Manheim about 5 months ago that had around 36k on the clock. Similar cars on Cars.com etc were priced in the high forties to 50k. Some brokers will charge a flat fee, others a %age of the purchase price. There is shipping and Manheim fees to consider as well (Figure 600-800 for open carrier transport, and around 350.00 for Manheim auction fees). But long story short, he got a great car, at a great price, and couldn't be happier.

Manheim actually does a great job showing cars on their website these days, but its really just a matter of waiting for the right one to come to auction. My buddy waited 3 months to find his.

Hope this helps, if you'd like the contact info shoot me a PM and i'll hook you up!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
autotrader

cars.com

BMWUSA CPO listings

·
Registered
788 Posts
Autotrader.com is my favorite because of the rich search and filter options. Lots of deals out there g'luck.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Represent when are you actually ready? Like now or in a few? I can put feelers out for you from people I know well at some dealerships. Bottom Line numbers is what I always ask for. So let me know. I can put the word out. I am not in the business just have friends in it. I like to help them and they in turn help me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much that sounds great! I am not sure if now is the time though. You guys will have to be the pros on this. I just wanted to start looking now and getting some ideas. I was not planning on buying anything concrete until July.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Start in June to see where prices have fallen. Give yourself a 3-5K budget increase in case a really nice car shows up. You don't want to pass on something due to a few thousand if the car is extra clean to what is out there. Hit me up then and I can help out. I know many on here will do the same. There are so many helpful members on this board. So the community is really great.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
autotrader

cars.com

BMWUSA CPO listings
+1

Don't be afraid of the BMW CPO listings. The asking price is just that...asking. You can do quite well if you are patient and the CPO designation can save you serious money. Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you everyone for the help, I will shop around for now and I cant wait to start really looking in the summer!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts