BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm looking to get my OEM wheels refurbished very soon. Are there any particular questions I should be asking these places in terms of their process? I want them done as OEM as possible.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Pm member Tiauguinho

Reactions: nixter

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I called around to a few places and due the fancy pants paint process on these wheels it's going to cost about 1K to get them done. Yikes.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments guys but I'm really just looking for what I should look for in a refurbisher. Do they use a certain type of equipment, paint, etc. I think I've found a place though. cheers.

·
Registered
419 Posts
The shadow chrome finish on these wheels will make it difficult, when i had similar wheels before asked the price for refinishing it was more than the cost of new wheels!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
So I called around to a few places and due the fancy pants paint process on these wheels it's going to cost about 1K to get them done. Yikes.
that is not far off the rate you should expect to pay if they do good work and can match the color.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I think these guys will do a good job. They have lots of experience with these wheels and knew all about the color inconsistencies that came from the factory. I really want mine on the darker end of the spectrum. I'm probably going to do tires at the same time so it's going to be a big wheel hit on my wallet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts