BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning every one.

As you might know im new to the e34, after purchasing it last week, driving it back from SC to IL, and base on your advise, new Michelin tires are on their way, a new driveshaft plus front damper, rear cv is on his way too.

Im now looking for shocks.

mine as SLS deleted years ago ( in 2001, base on the stack of invoices)

As im not looking to track this car, but more for driving around and far, as the road in midwest remain me of visiting WW1 sites when I was young in France, im looking for the best combo for good handling but mainly comfort.... ( not as good as my Citroen DS, but better than my z06... ;)

apparently I have Bilstein ad the back, but can't tell which ones, and at the front it seems to be the boge.

Also what should I change at the same time (bump stop?)

Thanks a lot guys, and again sorry for the Frenglish ;(

·
Registered
284 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
You have an interesting and eclectic list of vehicles, apparently...What else?

And are your shocks worn out? Otherwise, what do they feel like now?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

So on the way back with my purchased M5, I bottom up the chocks. I guess at the back on the interstate at the bottom of a hill/bridge expansion joint . also the font wheels dribble form time to time as I was stoping for toll on the truck lane ( the worn out lane, but needed to pay cash) in western Virginia.

base on all the records I had with the cars the shocks are at least 15 years old...

So im looking for front and rear, im looking for sports one as the suspension on the M5 is lower than stock e34 and you don't want the non M5 stock as you might hit the stop bump ( as I read in one of the thread here, thanks guys)

I went looking in between the threads here, and, when you add what is available or nla in major web site, im CONFUSE ;)

So I was thinking that you guys might have a few suggestion...

6stang9, as im getting old , so I had the chance to get a few interesting rides during my times...

you guys have good day

PS by the way is there a spelling check option in the forum ?

·
Registered
510 Posts
....... also the font wheels dribble form time to time ....

Ha ha, that is not the phrase we would typically use, but it is a perfect description and it made me laugh how appropriate it is. :)

I have Bilstein sports and I think they would be fine. I think the springs you choose will probably make a bigger difference in ride. The H&R sport springs I chose are a little harsh, and I would probably choose differently if given the chance. Funny thing is that the exact combination is perfect for my E24.

On the E34, the small bumps are harsher than they need to be and then it seems the springs overpower the shocks on rebound on bigger bumps.

I will probably change to Eibach springs when I get around to it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hum, 6stang9 I’m very glad I make you have some good time;)
Thanks for the advise I’m going to hunt for available front and rear bilstein sports for front and rear.

Thanks again for the advises and talk to you soon!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I had Billy Sports/Dinan springs on my E34 M5 for a few years. I switched over to Koni Sport/Dinan as soon as I drove my Koni Sport/H&R spring equipped E34 Touring. The Billy Sports are extremely harsh compared to the Konis. Both the M5 and the touring have upgraded sway bars and strut tower braces. The ride with the Konis is firm but comfortable in both cars.

Reactions: PPusa
1 - 7 of 7 Posts