BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I witnessed the worst bit of driving that I have ever seen while driving through the mountains of West Virginia. I was driving the M5 full of cargo and a dog, as I was moving to Charleston, South Carolina for a new job. I was on a downhill stretch of 2 lane highway, with a pretty steep grade and a good amount of traffic. The left lane was moving slow because of an idiot in his honda, so the right lane was passing. I was leading the right lane, with 2 cars and a semi truck behind me.

Heading around a slight bend, my GPS falls off the window and I reach to pick it up. As i look up, a Chrysler 300S flies by me at about 100 mph on the shoulder, tires screeching from the warning grooves. This was a two lane highway, winding through the mountains and he passes 2 cars and a semi, half of the car on the shoulder and have in the grass, hugging the guard rail.

So, he flies by, cuts in front of me and zooms into the left lane. He then slows down, heavily until he is 20 yards ahead. He puts his right turn signal on in 3 second intervals about 5 times. I had NO idea what he was doing. He then slows down until he is at my side. I didn't even acknowledge him. He sat there for a few seconds until he floored it and zoomed away from me.

I then realized that he was trying to race me. I was left speechless. It was the worst, most inexcusable bit of driving I had ever witnessed. Truly sad and pathetic.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Sore loser :rofl:

People are nuts, glad no one got hurt.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Why did your GPS fall off? I know what it takes for a perfectly suctioned Garmen to fall off.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Why did your GPS fall off? I know what it takes for a perfectly suctioned Garmen to fall off.
It happens. Sometimes if it isn't affixed properly or it gets really hot. Mine has fallen off twice just sitting still.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My fault, really. New phone, macGyvered into my old phone's gps mount.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
that kind of stuff happens to me on a daily basis here in 'ego-town' aka los angeles. sometimes i wish my car had a button i could press that would retract a huge robotic arm with a comically ginormous hammer to smash stupid cars with stupid drivers driving them -______-

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are going to love Charleston! Welcome!
Oh nice! I was wondering if there were any board members on here. I will have to keep an eye out for you. What part of town are you in?

My GPS never falls down. Of course, my M5 has a GPS unit in the dash. Yours?
Mine does, but it runs on something called cds

·
Registered
133 Posts
M5 invites that kind of behavior on daily basis lol

Not too long ago a porsche was revving his engine at a stop light

I dont know what kinda porsche it was for I saw it only from the side and rear view mirror

I am sure he will never forget that I was driving M5

Coming back to the point, I know how you feel, I would not bother for a 300

·
Registered
743 Posts
Oh nice! I was wondering if there were any board members on here. I will have to keep an eye out for you. What part of town are you in?
I live in Mt Pleasant, but am in the North Charleston area daily. Keep a look out for either a white or silver m5, I could be either :M5launch: :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I live in Mt Pleasant, but am in the North Charleston area daily. Keep a look out for either a white or silver m5, I could be either :M5launch: :M5launch:
Awesome! I start work at Boeing on Friday, so I should see you around the area. I am currently trying to find a place to stay. I would like West Ashley or Mt. Pleasant but there aren't a lot of good rental homes in my price range right now. I can find something nice all day long in north charleston, so I think I may end up here.

It is just hard to find places with a garage. I need one for my go fast machines.

If you see me around I could be in my carbon black M5 or even easier to spot, my white Z3 Coupe.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah I've seen some bad racing attempts here as well - sometimes you just need to be the bigger person and not let them phase you.

Welcome to Charleston as well. You might see me ('03 TiAG) around in West Ashley if you're ever over that way, there really aren't too many E39 M5's around here. If you ever need any Charleston info shoot me a PM or what not.

Cars and Coffee, every Saturday morning 0800 in Mount Pleasant

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charleston-Cars-Coffee/198336256874223

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Yeah I've seen some bad racing attempts here as well - sometimes you just need to be the bigger person and not let them phase you.

Welcome to Charleston as well. You might see me ('03 TiAG) around in West Ashley if you're ever over that way, there really aren't too many E39 M5's around here. If you ever need any Charleston info shoot me a PM or what not.

Cars and Coffee, every Saturday morning 0800 in Mount Pleasant

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Charleston-Cars-Coffee/198336256874223

I believe I saw you a few weeks ago. I was in my TiAg M5 and I was following behind another TiAg M5 just in front of me. On HWY 17 in Mt P. Must have been you, I havent seen any other M5's in a long time!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I believe I saw you a few weeks ago. I was in my TiAg M5 and I was following behind another TiAg M5 just in front of me. On HWY 17 in Mt P. Must have been you, I havent seen any other M5's in a long time!

Nope - I was still out at sea then. Must be my evil twin

If it had blacked out wheels I believe that is Mr. Lawless

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
He was flashing you morse code. He really had a stuck accelerator and was trying to convey to you his need for help.

Unfortunately you couldn't be bothered to look over, or to convert his flashing turn signal from morse into the appropriate message. You were too busy petting your dog, drinking your latte, and messing with your GPS.

This is why German cars don't have cupholders. You are supposed to DRIVE them and pay attention to your surroundings.

Good news about the new job and move Brian! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He was flashing you morse code. He really had a stuck accelerator and was trying to convey to you his need for help.

Unfortunately you couldn't be bothered to look over, or to convert his flashing turn signal from morse into the appropriate message. You were too busy petting your dog, drinking your latte, and messing with your GPS.

This is why German cars don't have cupholders. You are supposed to DRIVE them and pay attention to your surroundings.

Good news about the new job and move Brian! Congrats!
Haha, you are absolutely right Joe! I have to carry the weight of this on my shoulder for the rest of my life. Now every time I sip my extra hot, venti white chocolate mocha from starbucks, I will have nothing but chrysler 300s on my mind.

In my defense....He is a pretty frickin cool dog.

Thank you sir. How are things going for you?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts