BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to ship my m6 down to FL from NY. i have been looking around online getting price quotes and im getting anywhere from $600-$800 open carrier. There is no way i'm shipping the M unless it's a closed carrier. I got quoted from FedEx, yes FedEx, for $1350 closed carrier. I never knew they shipped cars as well.
but, i think $1350 is a got chunk of change for shipping especially in this economy.
Does anyone have a reliable carrier that they have used in the past? what about prices?

thank you

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
You shoudl never mess around with shipping companies. It's not worth the agravation. Use Intercity Lines (800.221.3936) out of western Mass. They are professional and not super exspesnive. I just shipped a car from our place to Lehigh for $800 inclosed, insured, everything.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would not use DAS Shipping. My experience was horrible. It was on a closed carrier and they took over 2 months. Held my car presumably until they could fill the truck. I would go with open carriers. Never had any damage done on the 3 cars I shipped from East/West Coast. It just arrives really dusty in need of a wash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You might want to check out these sites reviewing various auto transport companies:

Transport Reviews.com - Ratings and Reviews of Auto Transport Companies - Your Source For Finding a Quality Auto Transporter!
Auto Transport Reviews -

I shipped my CLK500 cabrio in an enclosed carrier from Cape Coral, FL to Seattle, WA (3200 miles) for $1850 with Wheeler Shipping, a broker, and had a good experience with no new scratches or dings. I then shipped my wife's minivan in an open carrier with Dependable Auto Movers for $1325. It had a few new paint chips but nothing major. Still I would definitely use a closed carrier for my M6 convertible.

Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would recommend using Uship.com you can bid your enclosed and go with only certified carriers. I ship my cars regularly from cali to nj to texas. I just paid 900 enclosed in a small enclosed 4 car carrier from nj to austin. definitely a great price for the brand new truck that my car was shipped in. I only ship my cars enclosed.

·
1,764 Posts
I used the same company BMWNA uses to deliver their cars to our dealer in Texas. The Waggoners Trucking - used them twice and never had a problem. I only used their covered transportation. Made it easy for drop off at our dealer too. They are not cheap, but very good. Portland, OR to Dallas, TX was about $1800.

Waggoners Trucking Home Page

For those who know what this is, they are an ISO 9002 compliant company.

cherrsagai

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been planning to visit my dad in Boynton Beach, so how about I drive it down for you?? ;)
Well there are a number of carriers but I've had experience with <a href="https://www.shipa1.com/">Auto Transport service</a> & its much more convenient than driving yourself...

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is a difficult task to search out enclosed carrier service within low price almost carrier company gives the same rates to enclosed trailer mostly enclosed trailer has a high price as compared to open trailer there will be advantages to use an enclosed trailer your vehicle will protect with the sun, rain, snow, and other weather condition I mostly guide people to use enclosed trailer as compare to open trailer

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just had my m6 shipped from CA to NY, open carrier, arrived dirty but safe otherwise. Paid $1000.

I’ve also bought an X5, same way, CA to NY paid a little more (maybe due to size?) $1400. Again arrived dirty but safe and no damage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts