BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month after I lubed the shift linkage on my M5 with Hurst linkage lube my M5 still shifts easier and with less effort than ever. I especially notice it shifting from first to second when it's cold - it's MUCH easier now. It's a 15 minute job and I highly recommend it. I think you could use general purpose grease instead of the specialized linkage tube and get the same results!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, any pics. I cannot get your point.. :/
When I took my M5 in for service this fall, the sevice technician told me the linkage is "lubed for life" and doesn't need to be lubed ever again. I just pulled off the shifter and the boot - the forward rod is the hardest to get to and to do it right you almost need to get under the car. In my opinion it makes the transmission shift much smoother.

·
Registered
911 Posts
When I took my M5 in for service this fall, the sevice technician told me the linkage is "lubed for life" and doesn't need to be lubed ever again. I just pulled off the shifter and the boot - the forward rod is the hardest to get to and to do it right you almost need to get under the car. In my opinion it makes the transmission shift much smoother.
Hmm, i still cannot get what part you greeced... Can you fint pic from realoem? Have changed my shifter and bushing...

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
A dab around the ball and then more at the pivot height adapter and rear pivot bushing. The front pivot bushing is very difficult to get to.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Images</LEGEND></FIELDSET>
Can you clarify what items you greased by giving the item numbers im the diagram?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.